Forrester bar and chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wetcoast

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been answered in a post, haven’t been on for a while. But…anyone have experience with the Forrester 56 or 62 inch bar and ripping chain that is on eBay right now? Looking at it, will be running it with a big husky…

I have one forester bar and I haven't been too happy with it. Its status is backup-bar.

The sprocket nose was loose from the factory. Had it pulled and replaced. Still came out with a little wiggle room. Had an OR bar tip put on and the edges smoothed a little. Still slightly loose.

Could be a one-off, but it was the same price as brand name, so I won't buy their products again.

Apologies if this has already been answered in a post, haven’t been on for a while. But…anyone have experience with the Forrester 56 or 62 inch bar and ripping chain that is on eBay right now? Looking at it, will be running it with a big husky…
I've got a 72" that carries square chisel skip well. It is stiff enough for the job IMO

i have forester bars from 20" to 60" they work ok. as to forester chain again it works ok- it is not doubled chromed like Stilh course it is not priced that way either. I really do not notice much differance if any between most of the brands with the exception of Stilh. Course now days when you start digging as to who and where the mfg realy is there are not many differences there either. for years I used Windsor stuff until they were bought up by Oregon who eliminated that brand. Carlton is also owned by oregon now. The conglomerate that now owns oregon has a bad habit of maximizing profit ahead of quality. The only issue I have been dealing with personally is the oiling for .050 chains, but my saws are stingy in that area, and it could be the bar oil I am using is partly at fault as well. I have tried some machine tool way oil . it works well but is very pricy as compared to run of the mill bar oil. A while back I dug around on additives to make stickier oil- other things got in the way and I have not followed up on that idea as yet.

Latest posts

Back