Forum Update - Love it or Hate it .....??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well ....??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OJ is innocent! I also LOVE the new upgrade! Obama is a great president! I'm from Mars! Bears DON'T crap in the woods!

I'll check back later and see if it gets better. Colors have to change at least.

If not, I'll spend less time here and more time in my shop; should be a win for me that way. lol

Mr. HE:cool:

I am so excited right now. After taking some room measurements and playing with my EQ, I am hitting 126db at my seating position. I know what your thinking, the subs are only good down to 18hz. This is true, but omg the output 18hz and up is just stupid.

Oh btw the forum looks awesome :clap:

A few tweeks n it'll be ok, just needs some bark leaves and wood chip dumped over it to soften the edges.

“There is nothing more difficult to handle, more doubtful of success, and more dangerous to carry

through than initiating change. The innovator makes enemies of all those who prosper under the old

order, and only lukewarm support is forthcoming from those who would prosper under the new. Their

support is lukewarm partly from fear of their adversaries, who have the existing laws on their side, and

partly because men are generally incredulous, never really trusting new things unless they have tested

them by experience.”

Niccolo Machiavelli

The Prince 1514

Last edited:
Dude - hold control and hit the "+" button until the screen is big enough. If it's too big hold control again and pres the "-" button. It toggles the size of the screen. :)

Thats a band-aid for the issue and not a very good one. All that does is zoom and not actually fix the resolution/format issue. I don't mind the colors or anything else...I can deal with that but I just want the forum to fit the screen like it did FORMATTED THE CORRECT WAY not just zoomed in.

I guess I could learn how to deal with the new features, and get over the old habits, but dammit if I wont be friggin blind by then.

The margins thing is just too goofy for words unless there are plans to put scrolling ad's or something in there.

They MUST tone down the page and I would assume it's bieng worked on.

I figure they'll have a handle on it in a day or so.

Have some faith gang!!!!
It's AS, not congress!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I also think this new configuration is very much a degrading move for the forum.

For one thing, the normal vBulletin navigation tools are missing and the replacement really sucks in that it does not have the current forum as the default so you can start at the top of the current forum by clicking on it.

It appears that the title page for posts in the forum takes more vertical space than before for each post.

The HUGE avatars and the space around them (such as to the left of this post) take up space on the screen that could be (and used to be) for text. The whole column making up the forum should be designed to FIT THE USERS SCREEN and not be skinny with useless space on both sides like it is now.

PLEASE revert to the older configuration.

In addition - there is absolutely no reason that all the "stickies" need to show up on any page but the first. Even on the first page, though, there are too many "stickies". A folder for all of the "stickies" makes much more sense.

All this virtual panty pulling is getting to us. You are ordered to cease.

The only one's who love, love this techie change are those who call everyone "DUDE" :monkey: Give me a break, condescending instructions to use ctrl + + aren't even correct.
Please Mr and Mrs Johnson, go back. It worked, it was fine, intelligently set up to gain eyeballs for your sponsors. Go back.

Damn, I can't find the spellcheck. Speed is super however!:clap:

JMNSHO

Please change text color!!

:( I'm red-green colorblind and the thread titles are light grey to me, very hard to read. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Please consider making them normal black text

Back