Found a factory modified saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Reaction score
OK, don't loose it. I couldn't believe it either. :laugh: Here it is a 2003 Poulan 2555 with chromed covers. Special Anniversary edition. Guy said he bought it for the ice storm and don't need it anymore. $50 for a 42cc with only 5 tanks of gas. It found a new home no less. But, why oh why would you put on chrome side covers.
CopyofCoyote2004.jpg

CopyofCoyote2006.jpg

CopyofCoyote2009.jpg

Hey when you go to a log race you can take that for the show and shine portion and you others for the run what ya brung. I just aquired the same saw but got stuck with a green one.

Goes to show that you CAN polish a piece of crap.

I think that If I saw someone using that in the woods, I would smash it to avoid them any further embarassment

Color

Kevin , if you dug back through some old threads Fish mentioned that the painter on the Poulan assembly line would change colors sometimes . I've seen a black Poulan a camoflage Poulan , why not a chrome Poulan . Maybe someone will paint one rainbow colors .

Freakingstang said:
Goes to show that you CAN polish a piece of crap.

I think that If I saw someone using that in the woods, I would smash it to avoid them any further embarassment

Just make sure to cut their legs off so they cant run out and buy another.

Where does the "Factory Mod" part come in?

A camo saw!

I guess it's the same question I'd ask about a camo chainsaw......why? Somehow I just don't see how anyone would think a camo saw is a good idea.

Last edited:
Put a hook on that sucke, steel leader and some 150# test line and go catch some sharks? Looks like it would make a killer spinnerbait!!!

sawinredneck said:
Put a hook on that sucke, steel leader and some 150# test line and go catch some sharks? Looks like it would make a killer spinnerbait!!!
Maybe a couple squirrel tails and a monster treble hook and call it the rooster tail magnum fishing lure/auto tree branch remover.:biggrinbounce2:

Indiana John said:
I guess it's the same question I'd ask about a camo chainsaw......why? Somehow I just don't see how anyone would think a camo saw is a good idea.
Camo, never understood that one either. I have a hard enough time finding yellow,white,lime green,black,orange,blue,etc. But camo no way.:dizzy:

Cut4fun said:
Camo, never understood that one either. I have a hard enough time finding yellow,white,lime green,black,orange,blue,etc. But camo no way.:dizzy:

It's for the hunters, I had a camo Zippo once, for about a week:hmm3grin2orange:

Kinda like a camo flashlight??? Isn't it dark when you need a light?:hmm3grin2orange:

Indiana John said:
"Texas Chainsaw Hunter!!!!":hmm3grin2orange:

Sorry, but some of these hunters now days, you put camo on it, and they will buy about anything!!!

Not that it really matters, but is it solid metal, or chromizitised plastic?

I think that Poulan would be cool to carve with at a show, all that crome flashing in the sun would help draw a crowd, I'd be styling:rockn:

gasman said:
Not that it really matters, but is it solid metal, or chromizitised plastic?
Now this is a 2003 poulan, what are new poulans made of ? Yes it is chromizitised plastic.

Back