Amsoil Saber, Tanaka Perfect Mix, Universal One-Mix 80:1 100:1 affect RPM?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I guess I have learned my one thing for today. I vaguely remember the tylenol murders and how all our packaging was an answer to that incident/crime.

Besides the oil/ratio used the speeds the engine is run at are also vital.
In my experience, with modern saws revving up to 13,000 rpm and more the engine will be torquier when set somewhat (approx. 500 rpms) below the max. speed rating which will never be reached in the cut anyhow.
Friction increases drastically at higher speeds as does the resulting temperature.

Besides the oil/ratio used the speeds the engine is run at are also vital.
In my experience, with modern saws revving up to 13,000 rpm and more the engine will be torquier when set somewhat (approx. 500 rpms) below the max. speed rating which will never be reached in the cut anyhow.
Friction increases drastically at higher speeds as does the resulting temperature.
I've noticed that too. Sometimes you have to fatten them a bit to get the power in the cut.

I run 40:1 and it doesn't smoke or anything. Why use less oil is there an advantage to less lubrication? A few rpms? Is there any power gain at those rpms? You can lean the hell out of it and get more rpms but at what cost. Oil is good...

Really, 40 years later, doesn't make it funny.
I'll stop now. But, it is amazing how quickly this stuff fades away from common knowledge, so it is good to talk about stuff, because it isn't really written down.
Like my second concert that I attended, was the Who in 1979.

Really, 40 years later, doesn't make it funny.
I'll stop now. But, it is amazing how quickly this stuff fades away from common knowledge, so it is good to talk about stuff, because it isn't really written down.
Like my second concert that I attended, was the Who in 1979.

Now we have revisionist history. I saw the Doobie Broothers in Erie, Pa in 1975 I think. Believe it or not, their opening act was Heart.

Can't remember, not that that's a shock, but they opened with either Barracuda or Magic Man.

Back