Amsoil Saber, Tanaka Perfect Mix, Universal One-Mix 80:1 100:1 affect RPM?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't drink the JJ Kool aide. BUT Amsoil Sabre is decent oil when my saw was getting rebuilt for air leaks I talked to F150 told him I use Sabre at 40-1 and he said I had excessive oil and to mix it at 50-1 with Sabre and 40-1 with other oils I got a couple of packs of bottles of Red Armour to try he said it's very good oil and also cleans well and to run it at 40-1.

Don't drink the JJ Kool aide. BUT Amsoil Sabre is decent oil when my saw was getting rebuilt for air leaks I talked to F150 told him I use Sabre at 40-1 and he said I had excessive oil and to mix it at 50-1 with Sabre and 40-1 with other oils I got a couple of packs of bottles of Red Armour to try he said it's very good oil and also cleans well and to run it at 40-1.

Ain't Red Armor by Echo? Is that their "top shelf" mix?

Probably like the Tylenol murders.
I remember the tylenol issues which caused the safety seals. We didn't use tylenol for years, just Bayer aspirin. Right next to a heavy white spray bottle of monkey blood.

Back in the days, my two-stroke MX bikes required a 20:1 mixture. And, there was no such thing as synthetic oil back then. I used Castrol exclusively.

I can't recall ever having to retune for races depending upon temp. or elevation, oil or gas brand changes. Once you got it dialed in, you left it alone. :yes:
Was it Castor bean oil ie " Castrol R" For road /circuit racing in the days just before the rules changed to only 4 strokes if you wanted to win "ability allowing" you had to "rejet /carb fiddle" all the time saws as said are more tolerant to being off tune than a bike but for max performance you have to on the mark.

Motul makes great oil but when I ran it in two stroke motorcycles it made the exhaust stink so much that other competitors complained. I use Redline Allsport synthetic in my trials motorcycles and in saws. It works well and it makes the exhaust smell good too. Redline recommends Allsport for air cooled engines.[/QUOTE]
Was it the Motul that smelled of banana's or the earlier stuff which as you say did "pong" ( Stihl ultra )in the mix the exhaust gives me a head ache the best is Ipone Samurai with the built in strawberry "pong" ISTR another company has the "(Fraise")pong as well but can't remember who :clap:

Red Armour is Echos top of the line oil. AMSOIL SABER 2 stroke oil is decent I'm not going to get into their marketing practices which can be dubious. If money is know object Maxima K2 or Motul 800 offroad are about as good as you can get.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What's wrong with supertech oil. Lol I use the echo powerblend it says premium synthetic and I think it let's you store the gas without going bad. The home depot sells it so that's me trying not to be cheap about oil but convenient.

That's what it says stabilizes fuel for up to 2 years. I may switch to the red armor next time. This was my first attempt at buying decent oil along with ethanol free gas since I've added 4 saws in the last year of different ages.

My customer came over tonight to pick his saws up. He took my advice and bought a pouch and quart of Saber, and I told him to get a 60cc syringe. I had my 32:1 mix in his 455, and that's how I tuned it. I checked it several times, 12900, 13000, 13100 rpm on that mix. I started it for him and revved it a couple times, idled fine, smoked like crazy. I drained my fuel out of the 455 and started it, left it idle as we mixed a fresh gallon of non ethanol with 47cc of saber. That should be 80:1. The 455 died and we added the new fuel. Purged it, started on the fast idle, and it was smoking. Revved the smoke out of it a few times, then the Saber kicked in, no smoke and running smoother. I tached it four times between 12700 and 13100, so no change on top end. The idle did come up 200 to 300 rpm. Hopefully, the next time they come back they are not seized and not so bad on carbon/oil build up.

Their bottle/pouch sizes really don't make sense. The pouch is 1.5 oz 80:1, yet the quart shows 80:1 at 1.6 oz.
Saber.PNG

Back