found a small nail in a BIG round today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm382

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I know there was a thread a while back about ya'll finding 'things' i wood. i could not find it. so ..
I thought i would share this one.
found 4 of these so far, not sure why or how they got in there, luckly i only found one with the chain, rest 'popped' out with spliter :D

DSC04513s.jpg

DSC04515s.jpg

Last edited:
MY GOD THOSE NAILS ARE HUGE I WAS CUTTING A RIGHT OF WAY ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO AND HIT SOMETHING ON A BEECH THAT MUST OF BEEN 30" IN DIAMETER RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE TRASHED A BRAND NEW CHAIN ON MY 460 SUCKS TO HIT THEM:givebeer:

As it is getting dark, you are thinking of calling it a day.. just a few more cuts...........Wow those sparks are bright!!!

i was told to look for a blue spot in the butt end of the log if there is a spot theres iron in it something about the acid in the sap will turn the wood blue or black so watch the butts and you might tell if somethings in there hiding
larry

I've hit a couple of nails and bolts here and there, but this summer I had 1 stump grinding job that took the cake. Not only did I hit a brick (which didn't seem to slow the stump grinder down at all - it almost looked like wood fibers as I cut into it), but I managed to find a crow bar minus the gooseneck end :jawdrop:

I mean what the heck compells someone to put that in a tree and leave it there ?

Shame I didn't take any pictures. I'm going to remember to carry a camera in the future.

Latest posts

Back