Free Firewood Wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand not wanting softwoods.

We do not get termites this far north, except for a few odd areas down by the Port of Milwaukee where the steam tunnels keep it warm year round.

If you can only pick up 20 inch rounds, we may not be able to help you. We do big tree work and there are often larger chunks.

Maybe you and Mike could team up on some of the bigger jobs I let him know about.

The hard maple I mentioned earlier will have some large wood to deal with.

The 20 (24??) inch diameter thing is just a guess on my part due to the sheer ability to move them by myself. I do have a landscaper's gate on the trailer to roll logs up, but I'd guess a 24 inch diameter by 18 inch long chunk of wet red oak has to run 250-300#(?).

Naturally, I'm interested in the wood, but I do have limitations I have to work with (or without).

Mike...how to you work with the larger chunks?

The 20 (24??) inch diameter thing is just a guess on my part due to the sheer ability to move them by myself. I do have a landscaper's gate on the trailer to roll logs up, but I'd guess a 24 inch diameter by 18 inch long chunk of wet red oak has to run 250-300#(?).

Naturally, I'm interested in the wood, but I do have limitations I have to work with (or without).

Mike...how to you work with the larger chunks?

Bring your mual, hammer, and wedge. Just split them in half and they get much easier to lift.

I let the tree guy load them with a machine into a dumping trailer.:hmm3grin2orange:

When the easy way is not available, then its a dolly and ramps. If the rounds are too big for that, then I rip them with the saw to a managable size.

Percussion tools and my joints disagree vehemtly after about 5 strikes to the wood.:(

Most jobs are easy given the right tool and a little knowledge to go along with it. I'm fairly new to processing wood enmass & no doubt have more than a few things to learn. I do know enough to avoid committing to taking wood & then letting someone down by leaving the really large pieces.

If I invest in heavier equipment I'll send up a flare. In the mean time, if I can help anyone out with my existing setup please let me know.

thanks,

Central IL

If its in Central Illinois (Tazwell/Peoria County area) let me know where its at and I'll get a few of us together to come clean up.

I may as well jump on the wagon. located in east central mn on the wi border. I prefer hardwood and can take limited soft wood. Would also like tree tops after logging is done. Have worked with logs 3.5 ft. in dia. let me know what ya got.:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

You can dump any straight harwood logs in my front yard- Media PA

Hello all, my family relies on wood for heat so if you are doing any work around Media PA you are welcome to drop off straight hardwood logs in my front yard. I love oak, beech, cherry, any fruit trees, maples- Thank you. email me for exact location: [email protected].

looking for free firewood in ST Louis MO Area

I am looking for free wood, hardwoods with a little soft mixed in is fine. Can Split. Let me know

southbury ct

i can cut and haul any free wood within 20 miles of southbury ct

SE Michigan for Wood Stove

Washtenaw and surrounding counties.

I've had enough ash to last a lifetime - LOL!!! But I did burn over 25 cord of it last year.

I burned another 17 cord of oak and cherry last winter - it takes a lot of wood to heat rooms with 12 foot ceilings.

I prefer Oak, Hickory, Cherry, etc., but we can discuss any hardwoods, even Ash. No softwoods, please - they plug up my chimney too fast.

I have a medium sized, heavy capacity box trailer, so sectioned pieces work best for me. I can cut the pieces, if need be, and if I do, I go 18 to 22", because that fits my stove, trailer, and wood room better.

PM me your phone number, and I will get back usually within 24 hours.

If you deliver, I buy the beer, coffee, sodas...

Thank you,

SiSafe

Always looking for wood in the Central Jersey area around Mercer and Middlesex County.

I can pickup or provide an easy drop-off point with very easy access for trucks. I can take large quantities of wood either full length or in rounds.

Thanks

Will take loads of about any hardwood..

I live in Battle Creek MI and will gladly take loads of any hardwood if you need a dumpoff spot. Will negotiate price for good loads of cherry or oak. [email protected] or you can PM me here.

Latest posts

Back