Free Firewood Wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm always interested. I'm in Mequon, WI. If possible I would like to stay with hardwoods except for Box Elder, Willow. I can't offer much money for a drop off but there is always cold beer on hand.

[email protected]

Adding my e-mail address

I live in Oconomowoc, WI and work in Brookfield. I would love some free (and insect/disease free) firewood. I can not take a ton of it, but I can pick it up.

Family man

[email protected]

Last edited:
I am located in Fulton Ny - Just south of Oswego. My Dad and I are always looking for free firewood - we can pick up. Thanks.

free firewood

timbertree said:
Happy Camper & Rick/Saw Slut,
Sorry, I didn't reply earlier been pretty busy. I did get both of your emails and have replied.

Hi
their is still some firewood @ 10 linden road
I probably wont need any more this year

you can avertise in the lebanon merchindiser its
free if your giving it away free

you could also probably avertise it in the lebanon daily news for free to
only if you give it a way for free

i live in IPSWICH UK and i'm getting into the fire wood game ,i'll be happy to take all i can starting from mid JUNE [new yard ready then] 01473 461367 sorry but i can only take hard wood

Howdy,
I live in Machiasport, Maine. Firewood's never free round here, but I'd love some if available. Can slash and haul (pickup).
Thanks,
Zee

Free firewood in Bloomington, IN

Lots of wood, free for the taking. The problem is that the wood is down and needs to be cut. I have one big poplar, a decent size cedar, and a mix of locust, sassafras, sumac, and some others. Most is in a good location for cutting, but getting it out would have to be a couple hundred feet by wheelbarrow or four wheeler...no truck will fit back where the wood is. Drop me an email if you would like more information.

For free wood in any area, try 1.going to new construction sites when they are clearing lots. 2.Stopping and speaking to tree service guys when you see them in the area (or hear the music from their saws & chippers). 3. Look for piles of wood out to somebodys curb.
I live in NYC and heat my house entirely with wood and have never paid for it. Most of my wood now comes from where the NYC parks dept. dumps the wood they cut, or from a commercial land clearing operation when it is piled up before it's chipped. I like the latter two methods better because I can be more picky about what I take when there is a pile of oak, maple, ash , and cherry.
Some cautions. If you get a tree service to deliver to your house for free (the most anyone ever asked for was a case of coronas) You cant be to selective about what you get....notches, crotches, and carpenter ants.
If you find wood in front of someones house, ask if you can take it. and split a piece before you load up your truck it sucks to see that the wood is beginning to rot after you get it to your place.
If you ask a commercial tree operation to bring you wood, there is always the possibility they might think you want wood when you dont. My dad once recieved an "unscheduled delivery" that blocked his car in the driveway for a week and a half!

Anyone in Grater Waterbury CT area have any wood they are looking at geting rid of
i have 2 of my Customers that i cut grass for asking me if i know any places that give it away
the place i useto get wood from for free started to charge last year by the cord

i have a truck and trailer willing to travel 15-20 miles asfar as Litchfield county

Thanks
Dan

I'm looking to stock up on firewood, mixed hardwoods preferred, for the woodburning stove. I can pick up as much as the Silverado will hold.

I'm near Barrington, IL, about 1/2 hour from the Wisconsin border. I make frequent trips to Davenport, Iowa and Chesterton, Indiana.

If you are within my range and have firewood you'd like picked up, e-mail me. Thanks!

Karen Ford said:
I'm looking to stock up on firewood, mixed hardwoods preferred, for the woodburning stove. I can pick up as much as the Silverado will hold.

I'm near Barrington, IL, about 1/2 hour from the Wisconsin border. I make frequent trips to Davenport, Iowa and Chesterton, Indiana.

If you are within my range and have firewood you'd like picked up, e-mail me. Thanks!

I'm 15 min north of Milwaukee. I have plenty of shorts, butt ends and other pieces that are not suitable for sale. There is nothing wrong with the wood it's just not nice to look at. I also have a lot of Box Elder and Basswood you can come and take all you want. The shorts pile is Elm, Ash, Maple etc.

Dale

Front Royal area, Virginia. Have saw, will travel for free firewood. I'm not picky. If it will burn, I'll take it.

Well, okay, I WON'T take any orange tree wood. That stuff is just nasty.

But then, I doubt there's much around here!

I burn a-lot of fire wood, and sell a cord or two a year on the side. If any of you Arborist or removal guys in the Cincinnati area have any wood you don't want I'll take it, i'am not picky, as long as it's solid I'll take it. I would much appreciate it.

Thanks Andy.

While I'm still in the process of making the trees into the firewood, I will have several cords of maple and oak here in northeastern CT (Ellington). I'm happy to let someone that can use it have it, rather than hauling it to the brush dump.

Say, you folks that need to just get rid of firewood, try www.freecycle.org. It's amazing what people will give away and amazing what you can pick up for free. There's probably a FreeCycle group in your area. Check it out.

Uh, those of you who aren't in my area, anyway. :D

Latest posts

Back