Free Firewood Wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Newark-Zanesville OH area

Always looking for wood in Newark-Zanesville area. Will pick up if needed. Will also buck logs. Any type of wood appreciated.

well

well then from the bottom of my heart i apologize. i hope you and your family live long and make all the money you need. i take back all i said about your mother, she is probably a fine person. i should never have said what i said. but i have posted here and got no reply. i got one phone call and the man is so busy we can't get together. one post is all it should take. if you post and say you need water, or wood or whatever and i read it then that is all it should take. the people here may mean well but i know people that heat with wood and meaning well does not heat their house. i am grateful to all who post here that they have free wood but these people the wood. winter is going to be gone in 3 to 4 weeks but they are calling for very cold weather and snow this week and next week here in sc. if i offend anyone when i say i have gotten no service i am sorry but when i used to cut wood for a living and i told people i had free wood, i always gave it to them. i guess the ones here in the south did not count on the people asking for it or maybe they need to make some money, i don't know. but like i said i have found a man with 25 acres that was cut and he is giving it away, and if you are in the area and need some just give me a holler.

i have gotten no service from this site.

You aren't likely to. This site isn't here to provide "service" to you. As a favor to members, the management made this thread where you can make known what you need. That's it. No promises. If you had read the terms, instead of just coming expecting "service", you'd know that.

There are a few posts on this thread which provide good advice on how to make yourself welcome to people who want to get rid of some wood. I suggest you find them, read them, and heed them.

no thanks, i am done with this site. you led people on and don't deliver. i found a site that gives what it indicates it would give. you have a good day.

well then from the bottom of my heart i apologize. i hope you and your family live long and make all the money you need. i take back all i said about your mother, she is probably a fine person. i should never have said what i said. but i have posted here and got no reply. i got one phone call and the man is so busy we can't get together. one post is all it should take. if you post and say you need water, or wood or whatever and i read it then that is all it should take. the people here may mean well but i know people that heat with wood and meaning well does not heat their house. i am grateful to all who post here that they have free wood but these people the wood. winter is going to be gone in 3 to 4 weeks but they are calling for very cold weather and snow this week and next week here in sc. if i offend anyone when i say i have gotten no service i am sorry but when i used to cut wood for a living and i told people i had free wood, i always gave it to them. i guess the ones here in the south did not count on the people asking for it or maybe they need to make some money, i don't know. but like i said i have found a man with 25 acres that was cut and he is giving it away, and if you are in the area and need some just give me a holler.

Appreciate it. :cheers:

Can't speak for the others on here, but I do agree with your principles.
I give wood away all the time, and will be cutting a lot in Northern VA
next week, if anyone wants some.

Last edited:
I should have my firewood guys (that I connected with through this site) post on quite a different experience than icecold.

Icecold, you have to make the effort to contact producers. Firewood is a valuable resource, we don't see it as waste. Don't expect for producers to come running to you.

This thread is a tool so you can make the connections. Tools don't automatically produce results. You use the tool to help create the results you want.

The wood is free. Isn't it worth doing a little work to find the source?
If complaining works for ya and creates a desired result, good luck with that.

attachment.php

yeah

tree machine i have done all that. i posted, e-mailed and called when i was given a number to call. the guys here probably mean well, but that does not keep the old people warm. no body here owes me or anybody else anything and i do appreaciate any one trying to help. it must be different where you are but here in my area there is nothing. i have been driving 40 miles one way to get some wood for a few friends that need some help with their heat. i have a heat pump and i am fine, but i like being in the woods and cutting wood. do not take what i have said the wrong way it is just it has been at least 4 weeks and nothing has happened. maybe i need to rent a big truck and come and see you. lol, one good thing is winter will be over in 3 weeks and i have the whole summer to find wood for next year.

Located between Columbus and Circleville Ohio

Looking for log form or rounds. I can cut and haul or if good hardwood pay to have it delivered. Will take most anything but pine. Thanks.

Icecold, I hear ya, I went 35 mi. one way to get 1/3 cord of soft maple. I am, going to stop running for it for now. I do know that for some reason it is hard to find in winter. Seems wood is on everyones mind this time of year. Totally slim pickins now but wait till Memorial day and no one wants it then, and enough time for it to dry for next year. Good luck.

central new jersey here
always lookin for free hardwood
willing to drive a reasonable distance to pick it up with truck and trailer, will cut it up too, of course! :greenchainsaw:

Newington, CT here next to West Hartford.

Oil tank is almost dry...used for DHW mostly.

I could really use a load of logs and something ready to burn right about now.

Easy access from I84 and RT9...have large driveway for unloading.

PM for details.

Londell, Missouri Welcome to the forum.

Hey, anyone in this area of North Carolina, can you lend a hand to icecold? Hooking up IS what this thread is all about. Somebody give icecold a hand.

winter is about over so i can look else where next year. anyone in the greenville, spartanburg area i have a site i found in the paper that has free wood. if you need some e-mail me at [email protected]

I'm going to offer the readership a possible venue. Call around to cleanfills or recycling or composting facilities. Call and ask if they have loggage you could dissect and take with you. For example, here is our cleanfill, they have an area partitioned off for clean loggage, I have no idea how they process or who their buyers are or anything. I went here once and on my way out I snapped this shot.

This should be an inspirational poster in a firewood processor's shop.

attachment.php

Landenberg, PA Firewood wanted

Firewood wanted.

Hi, I just joined the site and my really cool (and old) Jotul #4 is hungry. I'm willing to donate free labor, especially if I can learn more about tree felling.

ihookup, i know what you are saying, treemachine i thank you for trying to help. i guess it was just the wrong time to ask. you know, spring was not far off and everybody was trying to work as much as possible and get everything cleaned up. i will stay here and try again next winter. besides there are some nice people on this site. i got my family thru by going to the saw mill. that is a tough way to get wood but it kept them warm. to everybody here stay safe, have a nice summer and talk to you every now and then.

Icecold,dude, now is the time the fishing poles and water skis come out. No one wants to cut firewood when it's 90* . When it gets hot people forget about wood. Find it soon and be dry by November.

I need free firewood in Indianapolis

Pleas if anyone has free firewood that they need to have haled off, let me know!

Back