Free Firewood Wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for free firewood in and around southwest Arkansas. Oak tops and logs preferred.

Kevin

I'm always looking for free hardwood firewood. I live in Elk County PA and will travel up to 40 miles, into Forest Co, Potter Co, Cameron Co, and I work in McKean Co, so I would travel throughout McKean Co. Please contact me via Private Message. Thanks

Ray:greenchainsaw:

need some wood

i will take some free woodand i can haul it away from a site if needed. i know that your fuel is not free and would be willing to give a few bucks for your fuel. i live in the reeseville wi area.

free fire wood

This is my frist post.Great site.Will take free wood, can pick up.GreenSprings, Ohio and Tiffin,Ohio and surrounding area.PM me.

Last edited:
Have tools-will travel-NE Ohio

I'm looking for places to cut wood within 50 miles of Orrville, Ohio. Have 4x4 truck, trailer, log arch, saws, etc. I can remove whole logs up to 32"x16ft if you don't want the mess or cut up on site. I'll remove storm-downed trees or treetops after logging operations.
Finnbear

To: St. Louis, Missouri area arborists...

I will compensate your fuel and time if you can deliver logs or rounds curb-side.
I can pick up moderate sized rounds if near enough, using car trunk and multiple trips.

I'm near the intersection of Hwy 109 and Clayton Rd. in Wildwood, MO.

Prefer hardwood: Dogwood, Black Locust, Hickory, Oak, Sugar Maple, etc.
Will take medium BTU: Elm, Ash, Cherry, Silver Maple, Sycamore, Cypress, etc.

Last edited:
Free Firewood wanted in central OHIO!

Any tree service or logging company that could use a hand in clean up. I'm willing to travel anywhere within Fayette County, Ohio and surrounding counties. I will cut and haul off all Firewood available. Willing to travel a little further for logging rejects. PM me

Central Texas - Killeen area

Will be glad to take oak, pecan, misquite, ect in rounds or any length. I can pick up, or you can deliver it to me, instead of paying to dump it.

PM me and we can set something up.

Thanks,

Hal

Yes- would love free wood: Beaver Falls, PA

can pic up. will drop some cash for 18" rounds dropped curbside.

Prefer hardwood: Dogwood, Black Locust, Hickory, Oak, Sugar Maple, etc.
Will take medium BTU: Elm, Ash, Cherry, Silver Maple, Sycamore, Cypress, etc.

PM me

Finnbear said:
Has anyone actually had any responses and got a source for some wood?
Finnbear

One, but it was quite a distance and it being sweetgum wasn't really worth a trip. I did appreciate the thought, though.

Finnbear said:
Has anyone actually had any responses and got a source for some wood?
Finnbear
I had a guy from about 15 miles north of here who found me through this thread. He came down and got 4 whopper loads over a couple weeks time. It was a good deal for both of us.

Anyone else need some? Indianapolis north side. It's always free to a good home.

TreeCo said:
For all you people looking for wood don't overlook the good advice in this thread about contacting your local tree companies. The best of that advice might be worth a closed 'sticky' at the top of this forum.

Tree companies everywhere have some wood as a waste product. Some tree companies treat all wood as a waste product.

This thread really is about the wood burner finding the tree company instead of the tree company finding the wood burner IMO.

good advice. the companies i have called:

a. sell firewood
b. chip and sell the chip
c. er, something about insurance issues (?!?)

any advice from you tree guys? basically just ask if they give away wood? offer to clean up after them? ask if they would drop in my yard verses the "wood dump"? and out of curiosity where does this "waste" wood go?

skidooruffie said:
i will take some free woodand i can haul it away from a site if needed. i know that your fuel is not free and would be willing to give a few bucks for your fuel. i live in the reeseville wi area.

How close to MKE are you willing to come? I know a Guy in Sussex who is allways looking for someone to get wood.

Back