Friendly Reminder!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.S.Woodchucker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey fellas! just thought I would remind everyone to check Smoke Detectors and Carbon monoxide detectors before the heating season, and having a couple good fire ext. near by probably wouldn't be a bad idea either!

I checked my stuff last year at this time but I never checked the date on the CO detectors and the do expire, something like 6 yrs they need replaced (don't hold me to that check the ones you have). Mine started beeping last year at the heart of the heating season (it was negative outside) and got a pretty good scare out of me.

if you do not know the date I looked mine up by the numbers on the back on the CO detectors website, they have instruction manuals there also!

Great reminder!

I also have a propane detector that was in my furnace room and got banged up over the years. I am going to replace that and get a new CO detector.

Smoke detectors get their legs worked every time I burn pizza.

Great reminder!

I also have a propane detector that was in my furnace room and got banged up over the years. I am going to replace that and get a new CO2 detector.

Smoke detectors get their legs worked every time I burn pizza.
i hope you dont get a CO2 detector, damn thing will never stop beeping:laugh:... might just want to look for one without the "2"

If your smoke detectors are operated by battery, not hard wired, don't count on the battery lasting a year. We use fresh pro grade commercial batteries at the retirement community I work at and mark the date on each one when we install them. Not one battery, out of the hundreds we use, have lasted even 10 months. Smoke detectors save lives. Spend a few extra bucks and get a top of the line detector and battery. Test them often.

Check the smoke alarms with a match. Sometimes the battery can be good but the detector doesn't work right.

Latest posts

Back