Full-wrap handles are ready!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not trying to rush you....ya seem plenty busy, but if and when you do a 372 run, count me in.

Just planning on doing an all around freshening up of that saw in a couple months, new wrap would be nice, mines getting pretty worn through in all the usual spots - Sam

Just a thought, if you aren't already, you ought to stop into Darby Logger Days with one to show around.

Just a thought, if you aren't already, you ought to stop into Darby Logger Days with one to show around.

That's a dang good idea. . . If anything, we could send a few down with John and Jake.

Rod is making new drill jigs Mon-Tue -- and then he's templating the 372.

Apparently the handle will fit the 362, 365, and 371 as well.

Might be even better to line up an order with Jones in Lolo, have John or Jake get them to him. He's going to have a trailer set up with all kind of stuff from the shop for sale. Look good to have some of those handle bars on display with the local guys.

Good deal on the 372 handles!

Might be even better to line up an order with Jones in Lolo, have John or Jake get them to him. He's going to have a trailer set up with all kind of stuff from the shop for sale. Look good to have some of those handle bars on display with the local guys.

You been drinking good whiskey? . . Yer just full of good idea'rs today! :laugh:

How are you machining the attachment brackets? Lathe with live tooling, or mill with C axis, multiple set ups on a 3 axis machine?

How are you machining the attachment brackets? Lathe with live tooling, or mill with C axis, multiple set ups on a 3 axis machine?

Ummmm, on a CNC machine? LOL

Not sure what tooling they're using, but assume it's just roughing mills and the like.

Everybody likes machine pron - see if you can get a video of them being made for the website. :msp_thumbup:

Roughing mills would leave a craptastic surface finish. They're using something decent to get those finishes. I'm just curious because I'm also a machinist, and those parts aren't exactly "simple" to make like some might assume. You have a lot of different shapes going on, and it means multiple set ups, or a very expensive piece of machinery to make them happen.

Everybody likes machine pron - see if you can get a video of them being made for the website. :msp_thumbup:

Roughing mills would leave a craptastic surface finish. They're using something decent to get those finishes. I'm just curious because I'm also a machinist, and those parts aren't exactly "simple" to make like some might assume. You have a lot of different shapes going on, and it means multiple set ups, or a very expensive piece of machinery to make them happen.

What I meant was, a roughing mill to remove the bulk of material, and then switching to a regular end mill. As you know, them roughing mills really eat it up -- we are talking aluminum though -- so they might not even bother?

Not sure about the video of the machining -- it'd be up to Rod and the shop that does the machining.

Rod's actually a machinist himself -- so you two would be able to talk shop better than me. I do like machining though, and regret not doing metal shop in HS. Now I'm playing catch-up. :msp_sneaky:

You been drinking good whiskey? . . Yer just full of good idea'rs today! :laugh:

Not sure what's wrong with me Nate.......Usually just one bad idea after the next! Too damn hot for whiskey......Sitting in the 100 degree shade drinking ice cold Corona.....Dreading work tomorow!

Hells yeah, if'n you want, I could take some down with me

Not sure what's wrong with me Nate.......Usually just one bad idea after the next! Too damn hot for whiskey......Sitting in the 100 degree shade drinking ice cold Corona.....Dreading work tomorow!

No joke brother. . . My bedroom is 91° right now. The shady side of the house is 91° and 112° on the sunny side. :cry:

This is the weather that isn't so nice to go cut timber fer 6 hours in -- but at least it isn't in late afternoon when it's really hot.

No joke brother. . . My bedroom is 91° right now. The shady side of the house is 91° and 112° on the sunny side. :cry:

This is the weather that isn't so nice to go cut timber fer 6 hours in -- but at least it isn't in late afternoon when it's really hot.

Doing 7, so out at 1pm, but that Arlee country is humid, gonna have to start going at 5:30 shortly, seems like enough daylight to see what's up.

Hope you guys can hook up with Steve in time for Darby Logger Days!

Last edited:
It's all relative, our blood is thicker here! :msp_biggrin:

No ####, I'm getting to be a Spring and Fall kind of guy.....And thinking of heading South!! Must be a timber faller- I've completly lost all good sense.

Back