FYI - Northern Chainsaw Sharpener

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sdnomad

sdnomad

ArboristSite Lurker
Northern Tools 511 sharpener clone now $79.99

Northern Tolls has the Northern Industrial Bench or Wall-Mount Chain Saw Sharpener for $79.99. I just placed my order. Now its time to junk the Harbor Freight Sharpener I bought. Does anyone know if there are any of the mod washer shim kits still available? I think AS member Stihl 041S had made some up last year, if I'm reading the postings correctly.

jrclen

jrclen

ArboristSite Operative
Northern Tolls has the Northern Industrial Bench or Wall-Mount Chain Saw Sharpener for $79.99. I just placed my order. Now its time to junk the Harbor Freight Sharpener I bought. Does anyone know if there are any of the mod washer shim kits still available? I think AS member Stihl 041S had made some up last year, if I'm reading the postings correctly.

I sent him an email but haven't heard anything. Give it a try though, don't hurt. Mine works good. I think it does need the washer and especially the shim. Do the other mods, they help a lot. Don't loose the springs or balls under the vise.

Four Paws

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Down to $80 at Northern for their summer sale! $20 pays the shipping and buys you a 12-pack to drink while you grind your chains.

ktm250rider

ktm250rider

ArboristSite Operative
Just ordered mine after waiting too long. I paid just under 200 bucks though.:censored:
Somehow, my computer locked up on my first order and didnt show that it was completed. Went back to finalize it. Got the confirmation, went to check shipping status, saw two grinders on the way.:censored:

tawilson

tawilson

Addicted to ArboristSite
Just ordered mine after waiting too long. I paid just under 200 bucks though.:censored:
Somehow, my computer locked up on my first order and didnt show that it was completed. Went back to finalize it. Got the confirmation, went to check shipping status, saw two grinders on the way.:censored:
I got two and I did it on purpose. Saves changing wheels.

OLY-JIM

OLY-JIM

ArboristSite Guru
Well, I just bought two of these grinders from NT for $85 each. It sounds as though most are generally pleased with them. I hope that I have the same good experience. Just curious, but did any of you guys purchase the extended warranty with this grinder and if so have you had to use it? What was your experience in dealing with NT on warranty issues? If you didn't buy the extended warranty...do you wish you would have? I'm kinda wishing that I did.

Thanks!