gas bottle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just pick up a case of Coors Light that comes in the 16oz aluminum bottles with the wide mouth screw tops.

CoorsAluminum.jpg

I really like that idea THX :D

Just pick up a case of Coors Light that comes in the 16oz aluminum bottles with the wide mouth screw tops.

CoorsAluminum.jpg

Bud makes 'em in 16 oz cottles (can + bottle ???) as well. Just don't um, turn up the wrong one on break....

dw

I am thinking about this thread and remember that my grandmother had a red rubber bag that was suspended from some type of elevated surface.In a wood cutters situation this could be a tree limb.Now the funny thing about this bag is that it had a rubber hose with a shutoff clamp. I remember her saying something about 2 quarts. Now this would make a near perfect refueling station.Simply set the saw on the ground, remove the cap on the saw and release the clamp on the red rubber bag and your saw is filled without spilling a drop.Nothing like these high tech gizmos to make things easier, Ken

Hence the term, douche-bag.

Bud makes 'em in 16 oz cottles (can + bottle ???) as well. Just don't um, turn up the wrong one on break....

dw

My dad has a friend that, on camping trips, carries one MSR fuel bottle full of fuel for the stove, and another identical bottle as a flask. You have to be real careful about which bottle you are holding before you take a swig.

That is slick. I don't drink, but having beer can gas cans, now that might be reason enough to buy some...and then bake some beer bread with the stuff.

I'll tell u what. U buy the case of coots Lt 16oz alum bottles. I will drink em for u and send u back the entire case. :rock::givebeer:

As mentioned earlier: A one quart oil container.

Add a conical shaped screw on top from a gear oil squirt bottle. It should include the cap to keep the opening covered when not in use.

I use laundry soap bottles, they have non drip tops. Work well for bar oil and fuel, gal fuel and quart of laundry soap tied together with a spare rope for the starter. i wouldn't dare use a drink bottle could get sued big time if some one believed the label.

That Jill is a dandy! She only has two kinds of cans, good old big'uns and big old good'uns!

Steve

Please give a serious thought before storing or transporting FUEL in an unsafe way. Stupid laws are written because of stupid actions. A quik search on googleimages turned up several proper "small fuel canisters".

ETA: nevermind

Last edited:
What no one has mentioned here is that fuel rated plastic usually is HD PE high desity poly ethylen. You find it impregnated on the bottum of the fuel container. It is important to use only fuel rated plastic. The reason is simple. It is some time ago when there where threads here where people showed carb and engine failures due to improper plastic containers. They slowly disolved and the plastic goo went through the carb and into the engine with sometimes fatal results. The engines had some black tar like substance covering the inside.
Usually all oil and hazard chemical containers are HD PE so you can use any spare size you have. That is what I use.

Last edited:
My dad has a friend that, on camping trips, carries one MSR fuel bottle full of fuel for the stove, and another identical bottle as a flask. You have to be real careful about which bottle you are holding before you take a swig.

Being your from Montana there might be different stuff in those cans. Here in the eastern mountains they might just be one in the same. Fuel for both :msp_wink: If you keep the the water out, the "octane" up, the saw, the stove and the operator should run just fine! In reality they all require the same mix with just a dash of oil for the saw. :hmm3grin2orange:

That Jill is a dandy! She only has two kinds of cans, good old big'uns and big old good'uns!

Steve

All funning aside, no spills are the ONLY cans I buy now... just looking for an excuse to toss my remaining cans to replace them. Just can't see tossing half way usable ones out to buy new.

About time to go stock up on gas for the winter months in case we get some dumb crisis like in '09 where everyone paniced, bought up all the gas, and kerosene, or worse many stations were w/out power to pump the gas... Generators and saws ain't worth a dang if ya cant get the go-go juice to 'em.

dw

My main gas can is a no spill. Works great!

Plastics can be very questionable unless they were designed for gasoline. Even the aluminum water and beer bottles have a plastic liner. The premix cans are good for a cheap option, or go with the MSR fuel bottles if you want something more durable.

MSR makes red aluminum bottles for white gas for camping stoves and lanterns. They have a ring top sealed screw on cap. I am sure any camping or outdoor store would have them. They are not cheap. I have the 1 quart pre-mix cans. I like them because they are metal and already labeled for fuel. They will pop the bottom if you leave too much head space on a hot day. I bought a special plastic pitcher for 30 bucks so that I can re-fill them with out spilling.

Of course the metal will rust eventually.

Aluminum wouldn't corrode that much unless you get salt on it

TruFuel

Home - VP-SEF.com - Small Engine Fuels formulated by the "Mad Scientist"

Already labeled properly and proper composition and construction 2 stroke fuel cans! Like around five bucks! Added bonus, each can comes with *free* one quart of no ethanol good gasoline and quality mix oil 2 stroke fuel!

OR, cheap out and one day either you or someone else, maybe a small child, takes a swig of something really nasty, or, you dump the wrong crap in your expensive saw, or find out your cobjob container leaked out all over and ruined something or burned your garage down or something along those lines.

Latest posts

Back