Gas can for chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No-Spill cans are good, especially with the extension. No real hassles at all to use - just push the spring loaded button, and fuel flows out.

Another thumbs-up vote. I have one, 2.5 gallon can for pre-mix gas and a yellow 5-gallon one for diesel. The only time I spill a drop is when I make a mistake. I used to use Blitz cans but I can't find the old-school replacement spouts anymore, so I got rid of most of them. No-Spills are expensive but worth it.

Another thumbs-up vote. I have one, 2.5 gallon can for pre-mix gas and a yellow 5-gallon one for diesel. The only time I spill a drop is when I make a mistake. I used to use Blitz cans but I can't find the old-school replacement spouts anymore, so I got rid of most of them. No-Spills are expensive but worth it.
I've still got several Blitz old school cans in 2.5 - 5 gal. If you have an Ace, Do It Best, etc hardware store near you, they sell replacement flexible old school spouts with two different lock rings (one thread is for Blitz, etc mfg, the other thread is for other mfg's can threads). Never seen a can they wouldn't fit, with one spout lock ring or the other. Come with closure caps, extension flex tube, as well as a vent (drill just under 1/2" hole in top rear of can, use a shot of good rtv, press in by hand) if you need to add to the can to convert this ventless crap nowadays they've flooded the market with yrs ago. Runs about $7...They're better made than the original old school spouts/caps the cans came with.

Only flaw i do not like about the no spill cans ,is on a hot day they swell up like a balloon ,then if they are not full they suck their self inside out ,one in my truck has a permanent dent on both sides from that ,so i am not sure how close to 32 to 1 i really am sometimes . the marks on the side are for each oz of oil needed to fill that high ,i do not like to carry a ratio rite ,my oil bottles have oz on the side of them also .CIMG7401.JPG

I like the bar wrench holder, got to be better than having it poke you from carrying it in the pants pocket. still waiting for my new 2.5 gal. no-spill to arrive.

I like the bar wrench holder, got to be better than having it poke you from carrying it in the pants pocket. still waiting for my new 2.5 gal. no-spill to arrive.
They get lost in the brush if fall out of the pocket for me ,i keep one on my handlebar also with a little rubber holder off a 461 rescue saw .

I use one of those piggy back on jugs. Gas on one side. Bar oil on the other. I use it at work and for getting out and peckering around with fire wood. It's held up real well.

Back