Gasket?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seagull369

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, folks.

I just disassembled an oldie stihl 015L. I was wondering if I should throw in a gasket where the head/cylinder thingee mates up with the base. There seemed to be some residue of a glue-like material when I seperated it out, but not what I'm accustomed to seeing as far as those things go.

One more question while I'm at it,,, would it be a good idea to replace the piston ring while I have it out? It doesn't appear to be damaged or anything but it is an old saw so I thought it might be prudent. If so, would this be something a local stihl dealer sells?

it needs to be gas resistant... Stihl used Dirko. You will find it easier to get permatex, yamabond, hondabond etc...

Cool beans. I have have a tube of Permatex form-a-gasket (non-hardening) already.. Thank you again.

I'm not sure that's fuel proof. You really ought to get the right case sealant.

That form-a-gasket will work if you let it set-up for 24 hours before exposing it to gas or putting it in service.

Thanks for that info, jacob, I didn't know that. I also have the Permatex hardening one too (#1). I'll give that a go if the other doesn't work out.

Latest posts

Back