go ahead and flame me but i am still asking,,, 40ccer????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wish I never sold the ones I had now,,, can't find them for under 150 now
If you find a Ryobi 10532 (i.e. RedMax GZ400) for cheap, snag it. The strato GZ4000/400 with a muffler mod blows away my heavily ported Earthquake (which is a G3800 clone). It is the same chassis design. Give it a little timing advance and remove the base gasket if there is clearance and it's even better. You already know how to work on them.

It might be a homeowner saw but I am very happy with my J-red 2240. Mine has the tool-less chain tensioner. I think the saw runs very good for a 40cc. The husky 440 I am pretty sure is the same saw.

A little smaller than 40cc, but a rear handle ms200-201 is pretty light and runs like a 40cc. Run a 14-16 inch bar and some sharp stihl ps chain and you'd be surprised what you can do with it.

Scott,
I really like the 241c but it is beyond your price point. The Dolmar 421 is a fantastic saw at a fantastic price but there isnt enough of a weight difference between it and the 346 to really make it a coinsideration (since weight is your objective). I agree with Brad and the others that you should really consider the Redmax saws. Brad has done several videos on them. When Randy did the 40cc shootout between the Redmax, Dolmar, and the Stihl 241- he liked the Redmax the best for what it was. It is certainly the lightest and didnt give up much in the power dept. Terry is a Redmax dealer and Im sure you could get a great deal thru him and at the sametime help him with a little business while his family undergoes their trials with his wife's health.

Scott,
I really like the 241c but it is beyond your price point. The Dolmar 421 is a fantastic saw at a fantastic price but there isnt enough of a weight difference between it and the 346 to really make it a coinsideration (since weight is your objective). I agree with Brad and the others that you should really consider the Redmax saws. Brad has done several videos on them. When Randy did the 40cc shootout between the Redmax, Dolmar, and the Stihl 241- he liked the Redmax the best for what it was. It is certainly the lightest and didnt give up much in the power dept. Terry is a Redmax dealer and Im sure you could get a great deal thru him and at the sametime help him with a little business while his family undergoes their trials with his wife's health.
will have to ask him about it,, I just ordered several bars from him

Get a classic! Poulan s25cva! Real lightweight, got snot and snort out the wazoo, it's a 38 that thinks it is a 50, you can find them cheap, good antivibe, reliable.

Get a Dolmar 421 Scott, I have been meaning to look into one and just haven't yet. They look like a real big bang for the money.

I needed a smaller saw and with not enough dollars, I bought a Husqvarna 435 and have used it for about 4 winters cutting firewood. Have not had any problems with it.

Did you all the sudden realize that your earth quake is of poor quality?

Wow, you asked for it and
e5a4_bazinga_hoodie1_zps93ca01e6.jpg

My poor quality 4518 quakes are still screaming if makes you feel any better :)

Latest posts

Back