gonna get it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J, it's 469.99 here as well.

Stihl MS260 is now priced at $500 here. For the non-pro model. Looked at one at the store yesterday, and dropped it since the price was so high. PRO model was $540. My wallet was burning. I paid less for my 361.

Last edited:
You know the more i read these threads the more i like the 353 husky....I think it will last a long time... but the stihl 270..280 have good ratings too.... DW :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

I've run a 270, a buddy has one, couldn't shove one of them up my azz either!!
I am a bit picky in the 50cc class!

Andy you were a great fan of the 346xp till you bought one and used it....:D :D

NO, I was a great fan of the 353 until everyone here convinced me the 346 was SO MUCH more superior in every way!!
The 346 left me wanting. I have now been told I needed to run it a year to "wear it in to it's powerband". Ummmmm, yea?

Hmmmmmm....................This happens to me all the time.....

not trying to make fun of you but just how many saws do you own including non runners that are NOT part saws.

:popcorn:

Buy the 350 before you get the 455 or 460!!! Both are bloated overrated pigs!!
I like them even less than the 290 series!

the 455 is definitely not over rated and absolutely destroys a 290. it is however a bloated pig!

:buttkick:

NO, I was a great fan of the 353 until everyone here convinced me the 346 was SO MUCH more superior in every way!!
The 346 left me wanting. I have now been told I needed to run it a year to "wear it in to it's powerband". Ummmmm, yea?

LOL, that 346 is a good saw but some talk it up as the "361" of small saws, other choices out there and depends on what ya like.

Bet we will see a video......

LOL, that 346 is a good saw but some talk it up as the "361" of small saws, other choices out there and depends on what ya like.

Bet we will see a video......

i would consider that to be talking it "down". the 346xpNE is without a doubt the best 50cc saw ever produced! well maybe not if you consider the redmax.

Last edited:
Stihl It Is

well it is OVER...I ran a husky 353 and cut a few pieces of 10" with it...nice lite saw....went to the stihl dealer this morning and ran a 270 and 280 could't tell much diff...a 12' log out back of store..oak...He took off $20.00 dealer cost on extra chain and 6 pack stihl oil...so a 270 it is...an a box a beer...
I feel it is a great little saw for my needs...dealer also told me the saws with the white handles are built better....I have a friend who might want my 41 husky (excellent little saw) and then i will be looking for a little larger one than the 270...SO to all who participated a big THANX...DW:givebeer: :greenchainsaw:

Are you trying to say that it's like giving your son an Ivy League education only to see him end up at Waffle House?:dizzy:

You are close my friend, you are very close!!!:cry:

I had hoped I had done better than this. I am wondering now if I am even worthy of being a member of this site:cry:

You are close my friend, you are very close!!!:cry:

I had hoped I had done better than this. I am wondering now if I am even worthy of being a member of this site:cry:

Oh don't worry, it doesn't take much to be a member, I think you're still good.:) You hold his legs, I'll get the rubberband, lol.

Last edited:
not trying to make fun of you but just how many saws do you own including non runners that are NOT part saws.

:popcorn:

Not trying to make fun of you but just how many saws do you own including non runners that are NOT part saws???

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Last edited:
Huh

Ya know, you guys remind me of my wife, no matter what I do it is more than likely not rite...Do you guys want to buy my husky so i can go out and get a 361 for my bigger saw? I doubt that...You will just have to live your life with my decision...it might haunt you forever, you have to learn from your mistakes...I went out and cut a face cord this afternoon and I really like the saw, it just flies through the ash i was cutting apx 14"..I feel it is built well and it is light. You guys will be all right...I am not a pro and I feel i made the right decision for my needs....I really do thank you all for your help, You guys made me understand what I yes I really needed in a saw ..not what you guys wanted me to have...and i thank you for that...Another thing i can take from this thread is i feel i made a friend? someone i really DID NOT LIKE AT ALL!! and now I can truly say I do :jawdrop: did I say that...thanx DW

Back