gonna get it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sawinredneck

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
You know the more i read these threads the more i like the 353 husky....I think it will last a long time... but the stihl 270..280 have good ratings too.... DW :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

I've run a 270, a buddy has one, couldn't shove one of them up my azz either!!
I am a bit picky in the 50cc class!

sawinredneck

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Andy you were a great fan of the 346xp till you bought one and used it....:D :D

NO, I was a great fan of the 353 until everyone here convinced me the 346 was SO MUCH more superior in every way!!
The 346 left me wanting. I have now been told I needed to run it a year to "wear it in to it's powerband". Ummmmm, yea?

2000ssm6

2000ssm6

Stihl User
NO, I was a great fan of the 353 until everyone here convinced me the 346 was SO MUCH more superior in every way!!
The 346 left me wanting. I have now been told I needed to run it a year to "wear it in to it's powerband". Ummmmm, yea?

LOL, that 346 is a good saw but some talk it up as the "361" of small saws, other choices out there and depends on what ya like.

Bet we will see a video......

wanab

wanab

Addicted to ArboristSite
LOL, that 346 is a good saw but some talk it up as the "361" of small saws, other choices out there and depends on what ya like.

Bet we will see a video......

i would consider that to be talking it "down". the 346xpNE is without a doubt the best 50cc saw ever produced! well maybe not if you consider the redmax.

Last edited:
dwinch53

dwinch53

ArboristSite Operative
Stihl It Is

well it is OVER...I ran a husky 353 and cut a few pieces of 10" with it...nice lite saw....went to the stihl dealer this morning and ran a 270 and 280 could't tell much diff...a 12' log out back of store..oak...He took off $20.00 dealer cost on extra chain and 6 pack stihl oil...so a 270 it is...an a box a beer...
I feel it is a great little saw for my needs...dealer also told me the saws with the white handles are built better....I have a friend who might want my 41 husky (excellent little saw) and then i will be looking for a little larger one than the 270...SO to all who participated a big THANX...DW:givebeer: :greenchainsaw:

sawinredneck

sawinredneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Are you trying to say that it's like giving your son an Ivy League education only to see him end up at Waffle House?:dizzy:

You are close my friend, you are very close!!!:cry:

I had hoped I had done better than this. I am wondering now if I am even worthy of being a member of this site:cry:

Nailsbeats

Nailsbeats

Addicted to ArboristSite
You are close my friend, you are very close!!!:cry:

I had hoped I had done better than this. I am wondering now if I am even worthy of being a member of this site:cry:

Oh don't worry, it doesn't take much to be a member, I think you're still good.:) You hold his legs, I'll get the rubberband, lol.

Last edited:
dwinch53

dwinch53

ArboristSite Operative
Huh

Ya know, you guys remind me of my wife, no matter what I do it is more than likely not rite...Do you guys want to buy my husky so i can go out and get a 361 for my bigger saw? I doubt that...You will just have to live your life with my decision...it might haunt you forever, you have to learn from your mistakes...I went out and cut a face cord this afternoon and I really like the saw, it just flies through the ash i was cutting apx 14"..I feel it is built well and it is light. You guys will be all right...I am not a pro and I feel i made the right decision for my needs....I really do thank you all for your help, You guys made me understand what I yes I really needed in a saw ..not what you guys wanted me to have...and i thank you for that...Another thing i can take from this thread is i feel i made a friend? someone i really DID NOT LIKE AT ALL!! and now I can truly say I do :jawdrop: did I say that...thanx DW