Good advice needed for getting log splitter...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milpilke

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I'm trying to buy a ram pinion gear -type log splitter to my country Finland. It seems to be rather difficult :confused:

SuperSplit told that they will not sell log splitter out 'cause of CE marking requirements. I can't send email to The Wood Wolf (Rex Machinery), there is something wrong with their email address. Gripo is not in USA and difficult for me. This is the challenge:

My friend works in his firm Tradeparts Inc which imports US cars to Finland. We have agreed that he would transport one splitter for me in the next transport. He is visiting LA California during 01-20-2010 - 02-11-2010 and he would take a splitter into his car container at Long Beach California.

Is it possible somehow to buy a splitter and get it to Long Beach CA for packing it to Finland? Any help is good help :clap:

Thanks,

Miikka Lankila

lol...and i suppose you'll send a cashires check to pay for the splitter and shipping.

hey man, there are many splitters in finland. some of the guys have even posted pictures of theirs.

nice try tho. looks like the nigerians have moved up north.

lol...and i suppose you'll send a cashires check to pay for the splitter and shipping.

hey man, there are many splitters in finland. some of the guys have even posted pictures of theirs.

nice try tho. looks like the nigerians have moved up north.

If you are thinking that I'm cheating you're wrong. I honestly hope that I can get some advise to my honest question.

In Finland there are none splitters which are based on kinetic energy unless the Fiskars axe. I have not found these splitters either in Sweden, Norway or in Europe or even China.

I'm interested in dealers which are near Long Beach CA. Payment via PayPal or in cash via my friend.

...no comment of those northern nigerians... :dizzy:

Customs clearance and exporting license fees are rather stiff, not to mention being a major pia for a one time deal.

Thanks. I know but exporting is the only option. I'll get some advance of taxes because this splitter comes to my firm.
Does anybony know any dealers near Los Angeles or in CA?

wood splitter

Thanks. I know but exporting is the only option. I'll get some advance of taxes because this splitter comes to my firm.
Does anybony know any dealers near Los Angeles or in CA?

You could contact Baileys chainsaw.com 1-800-322-4539 GMT-8
at their sales office in California, but they sell two brands of hydraulic splitters being the (supersplit and the iron and oak).

If you purchased a Timberwolf or other splitter you would have to pay that specific states sales tax being California or Vermont as well as the goods and service tax upon entry, your friends export agent will be able to help you quickly with this issue.

and your friend could probably crate it on a steel pallet for shipping to avoid any issues with wood products carrying insects and entering your country.

The Timberwolf folks would probably ship it on a steel pallet/cage and
do that for you if you purchased it from them at the Vermont sales office-they build them in Vermont too and they ship nationwide.

As an example:
The Kubota folks ship some of their smaller tractors that way(disassembled and knocked down for shipping.)

I have theTW5 FC and have been very happy with it and we have many members here who own the tw1 which is the smallest splitter that that make.

The Timberwolfs come completely assembled (and ready to work)have a four way wedge option and table grate option as well as log lift option too.

The Timberwolf folks are looking for potential dealers to handle thier log splitters too hint, hint.

They also have dealers nation wide and I would bet they(timberwolf) would deliver it right to your friend in Long Beach too without hesitating one bit as they are very good about helping a potential customer and helping on the phone too.

www.timberwolfcorp.com telephone hour M-F 7AM to 5PM Eastern Standard Time/ GMT-5

1800-340-4386

leon:chainsaw::cheers::agree2::clap:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back