Goodbye MS250...Hello MS361 :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not as much saw as I was hoping for, and I figured rather than buy a 290 or something similar to go with it, I would go for the 361.

I couldn't afford both, so the 250 had to go.

It probably will mean slower cutting, as I don't think you will gain enough rpms/chain speed to compensate for one third less cutters in the wood.

Skip will also be less smooth in the cut.

Try both options, and be happy ever after!

It means you can push harder, and as for smooth, that's just for baby bottoms!

I know that for processing 12 inch alder it's real hard to beat skip square chisel.

Well....picked up the saw today, but the dealer didn't have a 20" ES Bar for it :mad:

I got a "Timbersports" Bar - supposedly limited edition and no longer made, but still a laminated bar.

No biggie really, and I could have had him order the ES in and picked up the saw later if I wanted to.

Now to get her broke in!

Well....here it is - typical 361, other than the previously mentioned "Timbersports" Anniversary Bar -

stihl.JPG

Now you just need to cover the white temperature sensitive paint spot on the muffler with a dual port :biggrinbounce2:

Ok, because the other night I rubbed mine off.

Are you talking about the paint spot? just jok'n

Is that bar a DUROMATIC® E? with a fancy paint job?

Hey Lake I though you were doing a single port with the cutoff saw spark screen. Are you doing 2 ports?

Nice look'n saw congrats on the upgrade!

Yeah - I do believe that's the deal - It won't see a lot of heavy use, so that will probably be fine for a while anyway.

The only had the 20" ES in the 0.063

Now you just need to cover the white temperature sensitive paint spot on the muffler with a dual port :biggrinbounce2:

I learn something new every day when I read this forum. I've been thinking my 361 had a paint defect on the muffler. :)

I'd come visit you at your shop while I'm here, Lake, but I don't know where your shop is. :)

Its hard to tell from the pic what chain did you end up running? You will really love this saw. I went from my poulan 260 to the 361 and WOW. The power difference is nice.

Hey Lake I though you were doing a single port with the cutoff saw spark screen. Are you doing 2 ports?

Nice look'n saw congrats on the upgrade!

I add a second port... factory is port 1.

I learn something new every day when I read this forum. I've been thinking my 361 had a paint defect on the muffler. :)

I'd come visit you at your shop while I'm here, Lake, but I don't know where your shop is. :)

Email (not Pm) me.. Don't visit the grimey shop - come out to the ranch. Heck, If I like you, you might even get fed.:hmm3grin2orange:

Back