Got a line on Super xl XL-925 Cylinders and pistons new

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, I could turn profit on that pile no problem. Been selling saws for awhile now and bring in good money for a part time gig. It isn't hard to start an ebay store for the parts. Selling the saws doesn't even require a store, just list them up. Selling parts on here would be a losing proposition though because we have too many that like to haggle and not pay much (I'm guilt of it too though:D).
Who said anything about a store? I said inventorying, cataloging, cleaning, storing, displaying, transporting etc. Those all have to be done whether you're running a brick and mortar place or online.

I've seen a lot of people lose their shirts on this kind of deal. You have people who do this for a living telling you what it's worth, yet you still think spending money on a big pile of junk means you'll make something. The man's taking offers--feel free to pay him the 4 grand and then come back and tell us how you make out. ;)

I've seen a lot of people lose their shirts on this kind of deal. You have people who do this for a living telling you what it's worth, yet you still think spending money on a big pile of junk means you'll make something. The man's taking offers--feel free to pay him the 4 grand and then come back and tell us how you make out. ;)

$1,000 is the number, by the time you pay crating ($100) and trucking ($400) you are in for $1,500 and then you have to hope to break even at the 80th percentile of the load to turn a profit. Then there is the time sorting, researching, listing, packing, shipping and managing the project...I need aspirin

$1,000 is the number, by the time you pay crating ($100) and trucking ($400) you are in for $1,500 and then you have to hope to break even at the 80th percentile of the load to turn a profit. Then there is the time sorting, researching, listing, packing, shipping and managing the project...I need aspirin
Yah, don't you guys watch Pawn Stars or American Pickers ?

Holy Crap! The world must be coming to an end. I'm in agreement with Spacemule!:hmm3grin2orange:

I hope it works for you. You'll be getting a PM from me if you close the deal and get the goods. Count on it!

For the other fellows that say we're "cheap" and that there's tons of ebay money and such to be had off of this deal......................well I say go put your money where your mouth is and buy this lot out for his asking price. 4G's is a bunch of cashola to be gambling during these times. I'd be hard pressed to throw around $400 on a venture like this, let alone 4K. How much would I be willing to throw on a new SXL925 P/C or handlebar?.............................well a lot less than what most of the yahoos on feebay are asking for them at times. Yes, there have been many of them listed there at times for stupid prices, but they have a tendancy to be relisted and relisted and relisted and relisted until either some other yahoo actualy ponies up the asking price (because they've gotta have it now)......................or the seller finaly drops the price down to a more realistic level.

Have I seen rough, unknown internal condition 'project' XL925's go for stupid money on feebay? Yes. That doesn't mean that it's anywhere near a sure thing that buying 15 of them (plus 18 used SXL's, and 20 unknown condition XL2's, and...) plus an assload of various NOS parts would be anywhere near sure enough to return the money (with at least a worthwhile profit) within the time frame where I could do without that $4G. This also seems to be another case of the silly virtual world of ebay being taken as the real world. Yes parts and saws do go for stupid money there. But I can think of many different investments that'd be much more practical. I also blame ebay for turning what were 'junk' parts into a 'goldmine' for some folks, thereby transforming an inexpensive hobby into a cash cow for others at my expense.

Then there's the storage space that's gotta be tied up. As a Homelite collector, I'd love to be able to just buy the whole lot and put it in a big heated shop with all the storage space and machine tools I'd ever need at my disposal. I'd give away every damn XL2 and 300/330/350 that's there, and play with the rest of the saws and parts. Until I win the lotto, I'd have to decline here however. This isn't buying a few CL saws and/or a box or parts and selling them on ebay. This is a much larger investment and undertaking. Not for me brother. YMMV...:D

Last edited:
A 100 truck loads of bull **** is still a pile of bull ****.

A business proposition is different from a personal one. How much do you figure it costs to inventory, catalog, and store those parts for the length of time it will take to sell them? How much does it cost to advertise them? Transport? Clean? Organize? Here's a clue, if it were worth the money to do so, the dealer would be doing it himself. Simple as that.

Well, I hate to do it, but I agree with Space here. I bought out a Stihl Dealership last year, and FARK!!!!! What allot of work, I never thought it would take that much time to figure out what's there, and I still don't know it all, call me lazy, but crap. I only paid $1000 for everything, I've already made my money back and some, but hell its allot of work, and takes up valuable space!! Anybody want to buy me out!!!!!!!!

You can sell those xl2 for $10 a pop and there is half your money back and the you are rid of the biggest pile of crap.

What you pay for a new 925xl piston and cylinder? What about a new handle bar or bar? There is money to be made. Most of the time you have to spend it to make it.

BTW, I will be listing a bunch of junk saws here soon, bet I will make my money back and then some.:hmm3grin2orange:

You might want to re-do your math. 20 xl2 saws at $10 each is $200. $200/$4000 = 5% of total investment.

If you can shell out $4K for that lot and turn a profit to make it worth while I would be amazed. I think you are overly confident in your saw flipping skills.

Yah, don't you guys watch Pawn Stars or American Pickers ?

When I was on my last assignment, we had satellite tv at the hotel. I caught a few minutes of that Pawn Stars show. What a load of crap. I can't believe that was even made into a tv show.

Well, I hate to do it, but I agree with Space here. I bought out a Stihl Dealership last year, and FARK!!!!! What allot of work, I never thought it would take that much time to figure out what's there, and I still don't know it all, call me lazy, but crap. I only paid $1000 for everything, I've already made my money back and some, but hell its allot of work, and takes up valuable space!! Anybody want to buy me out!!!!!!!!

Yeah I bought out a Poulan/Partner/Pioneer dealership and it's way more work than people would think. E-bay and Paypal eat heavily into your slim profit margins with all the fees, and both are a necessary evil to do business on the internet. Cleaning, storing, inventorying, photographing, researching, listing, and answering multiple questions on each individual part takes a lot of time. I made a grand total of $0.32/hour over the course of a year getting rid of that junk. I was still left with a box of #### that absolutely would not sell at all, which I ended up giving away.

i can tell him im not interested cannot afford that much i told him he probil;y wont get anyone interested in 4 k for it

the person resides

5 hrs or so north from louisville ky

in indiana

im going to ask him how much just for the sxlao and 925 new parts
he emailed tons of obsolete homelite dealers

so never know what will happen i guess start watching ebay or something for the 925 sxl cylinders i know there is a demand for them things

is billg in indiana

Last edited:
No Bill G lives on the west side of IL...Modifiedmark in the neck of woods you are talking about, but I am guessing he is not going to step up to that table...LOL

Yeah I bought out a Poulan/Partner/Pioneer dealership and it's way more work than people would think. E-bay and Paypal eat heavily into your slim profit margins with all the fees, and both are a necessary evil to do business on the internet. Cleaning, storing, inventorying, photographing, researching, listing, and answering multiple questions on each individual part takes a lot of time. I made a grand total of $0.32/hour over the course of a year getting rid of that junk. I was still left with a box of #### that absolutely would not sell at all, which I ended up giving away.

Yep, Jacob has the numbers pretty close. Say what you want, but obsolete lots like that have to be purchases cheap, cheap, if any kind of real profit is to be realized!

.......And I can't believe Space was making total sense too!:hmm3grin2orange:

When I was on my last assignment, we had satellite tv at the hotel. I caught a few minutes of that Pawn Stars show. What a load of crap. I can't believe that was even made into a tv show.

Yep, couldn't agree more. Unbelievable what you must go through to sell a $5 part. I have some somewhat valuable parts left I think, but allot of small ****.

i have a question for you walt just went to my credit card merchant acct and it shows one open claim on that claim says amount 60.00 said
Cardholder did not receive merchandise ordered by stated date on documentation

you know i have sent the parts off to you my question is why the chargeback ?
Should i say the charge back was sent yesterday to my acct 12-15-2010
when did i tell you i sent the parts off almost three days ago

kind of shows how people really are in todays society

thank you for hurting me even further in debt

cancelled the status on that gift certificate you purchased since you seem to be getting FREE PARTS now

Last edited:
i have a question for you walt just went to my credit card merchant acct and it shows one open claim on that claim says amount 60.00 said
Cardholder did not receive merchandise ordered by stated date on documentation

you know i have sent the parts off to you my question is why the chargeback ?
Should i say the charge back was sent yesterday to my acct 12-15-2010
when did i tell you i sent the parts off almost three days ago

kind of shows how people really are in todays society

thank you for hurting me even further in debt

cancelled the status on that gift certificate you purchased since you seem to be getting FREE PARTS now

PM's Calvin...Yet another reason you are stuggling...

Customer disputes should be handled in private via pm, email, phone etc. There is no need to post them in an open public forum.

Latest posts

Back