Got me a 357xp for the collection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rims are not a big deal to change, the breakband has not broke yet so I don't know how it is to change, the saw is a pleasure to run strong and fast I run mine with a 18" b/c .325 8rim (.325 for convenience), though I think the saw cuts faster with 3/8 !

I agree the rim is not a big deal to change. The saw should run a little cooler in hot weather with the outboard clutch and the bar/chain should be a little closer to the center of the saw for better ergonomics.
When I ran Jonsereds in the 1970s and early 80s I did on the job field testing for Oregon Omark. The [then] new radial port rims were breaking due to our -30 below winters and with practice I could spin the outboard clutch off and change the rim in less then 5 minutes right on the stump, with just a 12"x 3" piece of green birch and my plug wrench. To tighten up the clutch to the crankshaft I just reved up the saw and then applied the chain brake.

It's my Dad's favorite saw. I guess it's because me and my bro do most of the sawing and like to run the big one's, when he grabs one he wants light and fast. Not like he needs light, he's built like a brick sh1thouse.

I have one too and think it would be best suited with an 18" for hardwood. Fast, quick, great handling, low vibe saw.
I like mine in the tree for more reach than my 200t, but not super big.

July2005027.jpg

Its good to see a father and son arborist team , you must be very proud. Crews like yours is what keeps this industry great.:)

Back