Got more than i hoped for...(026/260 stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hiisi

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was visiting my old school of forestry and thought I´d ask if they still might have some 026 carcasses I could get a new rear handle top cover
for my 026 ( it was in the wrong place at the wrong time:bulgy-eyes: ). This is what i came home with:

View attachment 281931View attachment 281932

There should be a whole 260 in there, it had been taken apart for educational purposes since they couldn´t get it runnin. I think I´m going to
build it back up and see what´s up with it, maybe even give a try at mild porting... heck, there´s not much to lose since I paid nothing for it!
I had a quick look at the parts and there was only some very light markings on P/C but nothing structural that would make it a non-runner...

-Mikko-

Last edited:
Excellent!

Good for you! The 026 is a great saw. Since you got it for free, you should hop it up and have some fun with it!

School saw, huh? Better check prices on a Heli-coil kit. Good luck. Maybe a diamond in the rough.

I´ve had a closer look at the parts and it seems this one has barely seen wood, even the clutch side cover is like new, even from the
inside... beats me why they haven´t taken it back to the shop if it has died that quickly after it´s been taken to use.

I still see no mechanical damage except for slightly mangled flywheel side threads on the crankshaft but I already put that right. Case & jug
gaskets seem to have gotten lost but it proaboably would´ve been a good idea to replace them anyway. And yep, I´ve got helicoil kits (or recoil
actually...), leftovers from my motorcycling past.

Now I only need to find some time to get working on it!

-Mikko-

Back