Got my little collection out today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NC Hillbilly

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
It has warmed up a bit after our recent 10 inches of heavy snow so I decided to get my saws out today for some tree clean up. I hauled all of them out to give them some run time:blob2:. Boy did I have fun! I took this pic before putting them back in the shed

DSCN1988-1.jpg

The ground looks funny where you live......its all green and stuff:msp_confused:
That was the only bare spot in my yard, the rest of it has a blanket about 4 inches deep.

You mean you started um up and you didn't have any wood to cut?

Interesting............:msp_smile:
Only cut up one white oak that was about 14 inches in dia and one big white pine that was close to 20 in dia:tongue2: both had blown over during the snow. I've got winds right know gusting into the mid 30's so I'm sure there will be more to come.

Crazy weather. Was still snow laying down hwy49 and 64 yesterday. 63 degrees when we came through Siler City.

Nice collection!

That's a rug - you can see the edges.

The weather has been unseasonably warm here even in January. I'd say the hillbilly
has probably had some recent 70 degree days in the middle of January, is that right
mountain man?

BUT, it is not supposed to get out of the 30's here tomorrow. Gonna be a bit chilly --
I'm sure that's not cold for some. It will be a welcome change. It's hardly got cold
enough to really get the woodstove cranking this winter - dog-gone-it!

Last edited:
Cool man! You got some nice Merikan saws there and some of those cheap import jobbies..

heh ;)

Whats your favorite in your fleet?

Crazy weather. Was still snow laying down hwy49 and 64 yesterday. 63 degrees when we came through Siler City.

Nice collection!
The weather has been crazy! Thanks

The weather has been unseasonably warm here even in January. I'd say the hillbilly
has probably had some recent 70 degree days in the middle of January, is that right
mountain man?

BUT, it is not supposed to get out of the 30's here tomorrow. Gonna be a bit chilly --
I'm sure that's not cold for some. It will be a welcome change. It's hardly got cold
enough to really get the woodstove cranking this winter - dog-gone-it!
It got to 67 here before the snow:dizzy:

Cool man! You got some nice Merikan saws there and some of those cheap import jobbies..

heh ;)

Whats your favorite in your fleet?
I guess my favorite is the 036 pro, but I really like the sound of those old Homelites:tongue2:

Latest posts

Back