gotta make a trip to the heart doc!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mo, ya sure got that right about chains, I was amazed at how hard that stuff in the cabin was and how short chain life was. It turns out according to a local historian that cottonwood was the proffered cabin wood. Like jredman I might try some myself. I live in north central Iowa and there is a lot of it around here. Some is huge, over 5 feet in dia.

Your will be out cutting it sooner than you think. Best to ya. Oh by the way where do the big cottonwoods grow? JR

Mo, ya sure got that right about chains, I was amazed at how hard that stuff in the cabin was and how short chain life was. It turns out according to a local historian that cottonwood was the proffered cabin wood. Like jredman I might try some myself. I live in north central Iowa and there is a lot of it around here. Some is huge, over 5 feet in dia.

Your will be out cutting it sooner than you think. Best to ya. Oh by the way where do the big cottonwoods grow? JR

Southwest NE, interesting about the cabins, I do believe cottonwood gets a bad wrap. I have been doing a little reading and also learned that cottonwood is a poplar, cottonwood is just a nick name!

I also learned there are three main types of cottonwood, eastern which is softer than the cottonwood in the mid west, and a west coast or California cottonwood which is similar to the eastern variety. I would guess you have the same kind we do here the plains variety which is the hardest of them.

Last edited:
why didn't you say poplar ,does yours have the green streakes . They will stay green makes some nice light furniture. :clap: good job on the surgery like you did anything ,slept threw the hole thing. don't ask what they did you won't sleep {nighmares } bout bumper jacks .

why didn't you say poplar ,does yours have the green streakes . They will stay green makes some nice light furniture. :clap: good job on the surgery like you did anything ,slept threw the hole thing. don't ask what they did you won't sleep {nighmares } bout bumper jacks .

I didnt sleep neighbor, { i grew up in weaubleau} I was awake for the first part , I had to be so they could make my heart go crazy, I woujld get sick and almost pas out then come back, it sucked, then they knocked me out and had to shock me to get me into rythym!

So did they end up cutting into you or were they able to take care of it all with the little tubes in your artery? It sounds like you got the full blown surgery.

Sent ya a pm. I hope your procedure went ok and what they did fixed it.

I too need my heart overhauled. Will see what they wanna do soon.

Good luck. It's not any fun with a messed up ticker. And scary to boot.

So did they end up cutting into you or were they able to take care of it all with the little tubes in your artery? It sounds like you got the full blown surgery.

What they did to me was, went in both my groins with tubes with about 4 catheters in each side, I was awake for that and it sucked, then they started stimulating my heart making my bp bottom out I would get sick and almost pass out. After they found what they thought was my main prob was in my left atrium they had to poke a hole through my heart to get into the left side, they doped me up but not out for that. Then they burned that path and got real aggressive with the stimulation and got me in a fib, so they knocked me out and shocked me back into rhythm. It was not a open heart thing, which i am grateful but the being awake part sucked!

What they did to me was, went in both my groins with tubes with about 4 catheters in each side, I was awake for that and it sucked, then they started stimulating my heart making my bp bottom out I would get sick and almost pass out. After they found what they thought was my main prob was in my left atrium they had to poke a hole through my heart to get into the left side, they doped me up but not out for that. Then they burned that path and got real aggressive with the stimulation and got me in a fib, so they knocked me out and shocked me back into rhythm. It was not a open heart thing, which i am grateful but the being awake part sucked!

Crap!

What are we doin' dinking around with waterboarding terrorists for...

From the sounds of it, a little "Health care" would have 'em singing out Osama's cell phone number, and thier mommas secret recipie for Goat head soup.

Did the steel shackles cut into your wrists much.? Dayum!

I got thumped back into the living back in 2001 from anaphalaxis shock.
Those paddles ain't nice, and leave an otherwise healthy guy sore as hell for a couple days..

Hang in there.
Couple more days and you'll be eyeballing the woodpile. Couple more after that and you'll be getting cranky and trying not to look at the woodpile. LOL!!

It ain't goin' nowhere.:cheers:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I wonder why they wouldn't put a guy out for some of those procedures?

Crap!

What are we doin' dinking around with waterboarding terrorists for...

From the sounds of it, a little "Health care" would have 'em singing out Osama's cell phone number, and thier mommas secret recipie for Goat head soup.

Did the steel shackles cut into your wrists much.? Dayum!

I got thumped back into the living back in 2001 from anaphalaxis shock.
Those paddles ain't nice, and leave an otherwise healthy guy sore as hell for a couple days..

Hang in there.
Couple more days and you'll be eyeballing the woodpile. Couple more after that and you'll be getting cranky and trying not to look at the woodpile. LOL!!

It ain't goin' nowhere.:cheers:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

No they didnt shackle me, at least they didnt tell me if they did? But Ill tell you one thing yote dont you think for a second I didnt have thoughts of jumping off that table and running down the hall buck naked! And getting the hell out of there!

No they didnt shackle me, at least they didnt tell me if they did? But Ill tell you one thing yote dont you think for a second I didnt have thoughts of jumping off that table and running down the hall buck naked! And getting the hell out of there!

LOL!!!

It's kinda nuts to consider what was goin' on, and ya chose not to skeedaddle. It occured to me while getting snipped, that possibly critters are smarter than we are.;)

Heal well!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

LOL!!!

It's kinda nuts to consider what was goin' on, and ya chose not to skeedaddle. It occured to me while getting snipped, that possibly critters are smarter than we are.;)

Heal well!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Ya. That's another issue. Gettin snipped! Ugh!!! Never will I let another dr by my jewels! They ain't been right since! Makes me wonder though. If they can't even snip u right, how they expect me to walk in for heart surgery?

my wife's been buggin me to get snipped for 2 years. I keep puttin it off because they don't knock u out to do the procedure.

Back