Great Day Today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmax

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Matt (MCW) came over today with his chainsaws Dolmar 7900's , 5100 , Husky 3120 XP, along with some big wood to cut.
I was like a kid in a toy shop playing with his saws, the 3120 XP is just amazing to use so powerful & smooth, a Dolmar 7900 is on my list, the power to weight is
excellent especially considering the older saws I use.
Thanks Matt, next time you come to the city drop in at least you know you will get decent coffee :)

MattMedium.jpg

1Medium-22.jpg

2Medium-7.jpg

3Medium-3.jpg

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S0A1cuM1Kys&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S0A1cuM1Kys&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Brad, your the reason these saws are so fast :) , I'll invite you to the next GTG but you have to bring that big Solo and your 090 :greenchainsaw:

Yes a GTG is always fun especially when ported saws are involved, now I'm jealous I might have to get myself at least one big modern saw :chainsaw:

Good on you Gmax - its always a good day when you can get out in some decent weather and give a few saws a run. Matts 3120 looks like a real beast of a saw, and as you said was vastly different to running the older saws that you have in your fine collection.

Well done to the both of you!

:cheers:

Chris.

That is awesome!
Any one who is willing to load up a gang of saws to come over and cut, needs to be called a friend!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Looks like great fun, but I have to ask... I've never seen a 3120 in the flesh, so how heavy is that thing that it keeps that bar up sitting on the ground? Not a one of my monster Macs can raise a 36" even full of fuel... 'Course, the 3120 tank is low and at the back vs. high and front on the Macs...

I agree, Wayne you need to get a newer modern big saw and have it ported. I know how much you like the oldies like I do but the more modern big saws are just fun to have around for the occasional GTG or just an afternoon of noodling. I don`t have any modern saws so I just play with my 090`s.
Looks like you and Matt had fun running them Snellerized saws.
Pioneerguy600

That does look like fun. Is the 3120 ported. If so how much difference did it make. I need to get mine running. I am pretty sure it just needs a coil and a carb kit.

good stuff guys, thiat's what it's all about to me! BTW, who's who?
I'm the good looking one in the red shirt :D

Looks like great fun, but I have to ask... I've never seen a 3120 in the flesh, so how heavy is that thing that it keeps that bar up sitting on the ground? Not a one of my monster Macs can raise a 36" even full of fuel... 'Course, the 3120 tank is low and at the back vs. high and front on the Macs...
It's heavy, just the powerhead weighs 22 lbs, but it has so much grunt :)

Wayne- looks like fun. Matt is a great chap for sure and knows how to have a good time. Big saws are good, big wood is better, and big beers are best.
yes he is, I repaired a couple of his saws while he was here, we help each other out when we can, our GTG's might be small but we have a good time :)

I agree, Wayne you need to get a newer modern big saw and have it ported. I know how much you like the oldies like I do but the more modern big saws are just fun to have around for the occasional GTG or just an afternoon of noodling. I don`t have any modern saws so I just play with my 090`s.
Looks like you and Matt had fun running them Snellerized saws.
Pioneerguy600

Yes, your right Jerry, sometime I would like to get a ported 7900, for such a light saw they sure put out some decent power.
There's a 090 AV with 4 bars near me for sale the guy wants $1200 for it, if anyone is interested I'll pass on the details.

If your the "good" looking one does that mean matt's the "ugly" one ???
shame on you !!
Matt is such a nice fellow too !!
dont worry Matt,,WE dont care about looks !! your fine with US.. !

glad ya had a good time :)

nothing better than two grown men having fun with a whole bunch of saws....congrats.

If your the "good" looking one does that mean matt's the "ugly" one ???
shame on you !!
Matt is such a nice fellow too !!
dont worry Matt,,WE dont care about looks !! your fine with US.. !

glad ya had a good time :)

No I didn't mean that :buttkick: :biggrinbounce2:

Good on you Gmax - its always a good day when you can get out in some decent weather and give a few saws a run. Matts 3120 looks like a real beast of a saw, and as you said was vastly different to running the older saws that you have in your fine collection.

Well done to the both of you!

:cheers:

Chris.

Thanks Chris, I'd like to see your collection sometime, you have picked up some nice saws lately :)

Back