Greenthorn attempts at hand filing square ground / Critics welcomed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greg, thanks for the photos, don't know why I'm hitting the ties on the opposite side so much, any advice guys???

Jim, it is a 6 sided file (they all are), just more like a triangle than a flat file.
I don't think it matters whether it's a triangular or double bevel file, since it's the inside of the file that hits the straps. I hit the straps too with a double bevel. To avoid it, you would need to either lower the handle (more acute under top plate) or lessen the side plate angle (less acute).

Me? I'm not worried about it. The cutters will be worn out long before I'll file through the tie straps.

Yeah, take about 200 pics of the same thing and try to get it perfect every time. You will find the one you want. In photography class they may advise more pics than 200.

Thats right Jim..we can critique each other photography then tri-filing or Doubble B. Some my find they are waisted tallent on the tools
Could be a lot of fun.

*Thinks....I got to get back to work and leave these people be*

OP... my advice is " Come on forget that macho $hit and learn how to play guitar. Rockstars have different woman every night and Timber Fallers woman.....well..

What kind of file u speaking about???
Vallorbee. I've got 2 styles of them. The straight across and angled like everyone else's. The straight across is great on both sides. The angled are harder for the left hand cutters to not chatter a bit starting with the angle into the tooth.

Back