Groundie

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lost set.......

I had put the last set of pictures on my laptop, and then the hard drive died. Thought I had lost them, but I ran across a CD with the whole set on it the other day. It pays to back up your information!

This set shows the final stage of the tree removal, and then I have included a few that I thought were special. I miss you, Rob.

I apologize to the dial-up users, these are large files, because I exported them to the disc as large size, and I could only shrink them so much with my limited knowledge of things computorial.......:dizzy:

Enjoy the pictures.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Look at this gnarly rotten behemoth. The giant bolt I put in twenty years ago when it split to the ground in a 70 mph wind. It did exactly what Mr. Mulford warned me of the previous year. It takes a while to drill two one inch holes through over three feet of living tree, especially with a home-forged spade bit... It wasn't rotten then. We got twenty more years of great shade out of it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here follow about a dozen pictures that seemed special to me. A few are posted earlier in the thread, but this will wrap up a thread that ended up as a memorial to a wonderfully unique fellow who enriched my life, and those of many, many others.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice Job......

Hey.You definitly put the A in Arborist.Were you possibly a squirrel in a past life?That chevy looks alot like my "64".Glad to see your safe.......

Hey.You definitly put the A in Arborist.Were you possibly a squirrel in a past life?That chevy looks alot like my "64".Glad to see your safe.......

Pierre, the man in the pictures is my late friend Rob. He definitely did put the A in Arborist. Read through the whole thread to see an amazing guy do some out-of-this world climbing.

I almost wish I had taken a year's sabbatical from teaching (yeah, right, like they let schoolteachers do that), and apprenticed with Rob, if he would have let me. I can only believe he did that climbing because I was there, and have the photos to prove it.

Last edited:
For old time's sake

Bump.
I revisited this thread to recall a great time a couple of years ago.
Rob was a world class guy. If you are new to this site, check out this thread for some amazing climbing pictures.

RIP Rob. :yourock:

What an amazing thread.

Some of the best pictures I've seen on here hands down, and a great way to honor a late friend.

This is a great thread. Seems as if your friend was a real cool cat.

Bump.
I revisited this thread to recall a great time a couple of years ago.
Rob was a world class guy. If you are new to this site, check out this thread for some amazing climbing pictures.

RIP Rob. :yourock:

What a great thread!!!

Thank you so much for bringing it forward and letting new members revisit with you a truly special and wonderful experience.

Missing Rob a bit. I'd known him since 1982. I was showing this thread to my new neighbor, and he was pretty darn impressed. In this way, Rob lives on.

All y'all be safe, run 'em like ya stole 'em.

Teacherman

Ya he was one of the good ones.

Latest posts

Back