Groundmen say the darnedest things.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Metamucil_OrangeSmooth_72doses_Hero.jpg

I dunno, you guys still wrapping up ropes? Stuffing them into bags!? Ah, yer all stupid and crazy with a couple who managed to get old and senile.

Anyway, my addition to the topic of the thread:

" what?"

just curious....you groundies start getting skeered when you put on shoes with soles on em....or when you get off the ground to get in bed ...or step on the bumper of the pickup...or when you get on the 4th or 5th step of a step ladder....always wondered that stuff.?

Or is it you just can't figger wtf to do if you managed to struggle up there somehow.?

Probably some support groups available. I think Dr. Pea Pea is a graduate.

Ooh, the climbers are getting defensive. :p

Shows you the mentality of some climbers. If they get shown up even once, in any way, they lash out like Hollywood starlets who had their picture taken from the wrong angle.

In any case, please continue complaining about how the groundmen are taking too good care of the equipment you depend on for your livelihood and life.

:popcorn:
No offence but we just have to face the facts, The climber is the star of the show. The ground men are just there to support the star and will never be the star of the show unless they become the climber. People stop to watch the guy in the tree not the guys on the ground looking up. I am the owner, most times the climber and sometimes one of the ground men but whoever the climber is for the day that's the guy running the show.

as long as the ropes are coiled with no more than 5 wraps in the middle and the coils are not long enough to touch the floor of the man cab when hanging and they have a half hitch loop at the top for hanging on a hook and the end from which you started is at the bottom and the whole thing peels off just right when laid on the ground then its fine. Other than that I dont care how a groundie coils it up........

The one I have now is a great worker, but man is he a dumb ************!! No common sense in terms of "knowing his role" whatsoever. Interrupts me when I'm talking to customers, etc. That crap has always pissed me off!! Unfortunately, I don't have an awful lot to offer a real employee these days, so I tend to just deal with it. To a point, that is.

The other day I was slashing down a pin oak (really worked him like a slave that day), chipper running, all the sudden he disappears. I'm like WTF!!?? Look up the road and he's strutting around talking on the phone (chipper still screaming). Of course I just picked up the pace and kept burrying him. Lol. Truth be known, I don't even enjoy those kind of games anymore. Turned out it was his bozo uncle (they do side jobs together). Guess he figures himself a climber. I deal with too much lately, really. Think the tipping point is coming soon. Too bad too, cuz he's been around a while now, and is pretty handy. I'm a firm believer in the fact that you just can't fix stupid though.

The one I have now is a great worker, but man is he a dumb ************!! No common sense in terms of "knowing his role" whatsoever. Interrupts me when I'm talking to customers, etc. That crap has always pissed me off!! Unfortunately, I don't have an awful lot to offer a real employee these days, so I tend to just deal with it. To a point, that is.

The other day I was slashing down a pin oak (really worked him like a slave that day), chipper running, all the sudden he disappears. I'm like WTF!!?? Look up the road and he's strutting around talking on the phone (chipper still screaming). Of course I just picked up the pace and kept burrying him. Lol. Truth be known, I don't even enjoy those kind of games anymore. Turned out it was his bozo uncle (they do side jobs together). Guess he figures himself a climber. I deal with too much lately, really. Think the tipping point is coming soon. Too bad too, cuz he's been around a while now, and is pretty handy. I'm a firm believer in the fact that you just can't fix stupid though.

don't pay to replace stupit with stupit either Paul....gotta fill the spot secretly ;-) before you punt him. If ya go to C List he might be lookin for another job and BANG...its over (cuz now you both know you both are lookin) and you be high and dry lol.

Back