Guess what saw is a royal pain in my butt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I was just looking for a saw to replace the 372 they were starting be hard to get, and I had bad luck with a 575 when they first came out. I heard great things about the 7900 I was new to the site and when I tried one out was impressed with the power plus it was only a little over $600. My big mistake was buying the second one thinking I may have just got a lemon the first time.

What problems did or does it have?Do you like the power and anti vibe I do actually.I just would rather have a Stihl.

What problems did or does it have?Do you like the power and anti vibe I do actually.I just would rather have a Stihl.

Check out post #74 the anti vibe was good never had a problem with that. The power was great for about month and half after that they didn't seem as strong. My other 7900 has a crank seal leak which is being fixed.

Has your 'current' problem child 7900 been pressure/vac tested lately? Maybe crank seals are the issue with that one as well. Have you changed the fuel filter recently. Something's gotta be causing this same problem to crop up again and again. It's a damn shame when you can't even run a tank of fuel through your saw. Maybe the tank vent was the problem to begin with. Are you running other saws on the same fuel (without problem) as what you're running in the problem child? Not trying to discount or belittle the problems you've had with these saws. Just trying to figure out what the issue is. Have they (your shop) tried a known good ignition from another saw?

Last edited:
Has your 'current' problem child 7900 been pressure/vac tested lately? Maybe crank seals are the issue with that one as well. Have you changed the fuel filter recently. Something's gotta be causing this same problem to crop up again and again. It's a damn shame when you can't even run a tank of fuel through your saw. Maybe the tank vent was the problem to begin with. Are you running other saws on the same fuel (without problem) as what you're running in the problem child? Not trying to discount or belittle the problems you've had with these saws. Just trying to figure out what the issue is. Have they (your shop) tried a known good ignition from another saw?
Id love to know whats really wrong with the 7900s because the are a nice saw when they run right.The ones i had ran great until they were about 2 months old then they went to crap.my dealear try a new intake boot,new crank seals, new tank vent, cleaned carb and new diafram, new coil.his mecanic is a gold level stihl certified and he is good at what he does . I normaly do all my own repair work but these saws were under waranty so i left the dealer work on them. But i cant think of anything else i would have done they didnt.

Id love to know whats really wrong with the 7900s because the are a nice saw when they run right.The ones i had ran great until they were about 2 months old then they went to crap.my dealear try a new intake boot,new crank seals, new tank vent, cleaned carb and new diafram, new coil.his mecanic is a gold level stihl certified and he is good at what he does . I normaly do all my own repair work but these saws were under waranty so i left the dealer work on them. But i cant think of anything else i would have done they didnt.

And it runs good now? That is not trouble shooting that is process of elimination.I don't care what color the Mechanics level is!

Put a new filter when they put the new carb on the husky's run fine on the same gas. I said in an earlier post they were thinking it might now be the tank vent. The ignition was changed a couple of weeks ago when the saw was cutting out.

Put a new filter when they put the new carb on the husky's run fine on the same gas. I said in an earlier post they were thinking it might now be the tank vent. The ignition was changed a couple of weeks ago when the saw was cutting out.

Damn that suck Mingo. I hate lingering, intermittant problems.

Just out of curiosity; since you're running Husky's too, what spark plug are you running in the 7900?

Andy

A saw that is dull more than it is sharp!And how come after I buy one I hear what a POS it is?Why was it the best thing out there according to a lot of guys here?I guess there are two camps one that uses them every day and backyard Cookie cutters?
zhao3.jpg
zhao2.jpg
zhao4.jpg

Got the 7900-POS with the new carb back tonite they the breather was bad give it a run tomorrow and see what happens hope for the best and plan for the worst.

Got the 7900-POS with the new carb back tonite they the breather was bad give it a run tomorrow and see what happens hope for the best and plan for the worst.

I will pay you $20 for a pic of one under the skidder tire. Dead serious.

New carb, new breather , changed the ignition still not revving up dropped it off at the shop yesterday.

dropped it off at the same dealer you had all the other work done by? and they still can't find whats wrong with it? and your still using them as a repair shop? these things are not rocket science. it aint the saw, it's the greese monkey working on it.
either that or this thread is b.s..

dropped it off at the same dealer you had all the other work done by? and they still can't find whats wrong with it? and your still using them as a repair shop? these things are not rocket science. it aint the saw, it's the greese monkey working on it.
either that or this thread is b.s..

Yes really It should be fixable it is because they are guessing!Was it vac pressure tested?

Yes really It should be fixable it is because they are guessing!Was it vac pressure tested?

when does one finally realize it aint the saw thats the problem? when does one finally realize they are the same type of mouth breather that they keep taking the saw back to "fix" for them? when do they finally realize they are getting scammed by said mouth breather.......
oh wait thats right! they are the same idiots that blame the manufacturer and model of a saw for the problems they're having.
the op should either take the saw to a competent mechanic or dump it and buy something thats easier for him to run. that way the person that buys the "pos" off of him can fix it properly. the problem sounds like a really easy fix btw.;) but it's over his (and his "mechanics") head to figure out.

when does one finally realize it aint the saw thats the problem? when does one finally realize they are the same type of mouth breather that they keep taking the saw back to "fix" for them? when do they finally realize they are getting scammed by said mouth breather.......
oh wait thats right! they are the same idiots that blame the manufacturer and model of a saw for the problems they're having.
the op should either take the saw to a competent mechanic or dump it and buy something thats easier for him to run. that way the person that buys the "pos" off of him can fix it properly. the problem sounds like a really easy fix btw.;) but it's over his (and his "mechanics") head to figure out.

Send it to Pioneer guy I would love to hear what was wrong with it .Be cheaper anyway wait is it still under warranty?

Say what you want the thing I know is I have had 4 of these saws and they all have been trouble.

Back