Guys, don't get complacent out there!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing I like about the custom ones is you can easily hear things, and they block out all the damaging stuff.

I've had ringing in the ears pretty bad too Terry, it really sucks bad. Knock on wood haven't had it in a while.

Not to derail the busted head thread but,...
I had ringing in my ears bad for about two years and one day I had a chance conversation with a Venezuelan doctor that told me she could fix it by realigning my jaw, after three appointments and wearing a night guard for two months the ringing is almost completely gone, apparently there is a nerve connection related to the jaw that causes some ringing problems.

Wow..glad your OK ,thanks for putting up the video even the pros need to step back and take a look.
I have spent years in heavy construction and we would see the same training videos every year,you know the old saying #### happens.

And you can't see the top?? How the hell space figures he can judge that is beyond me, the weight of the top plays a big role.

TRUE!
None of us were there.
Cutters call......

Brad you should be dead!
Yesterday must have involved some reflection!

Hey, ditch the saw! I bet if you had to, you could build another.

Posting this vid and pictures is top notch!
We all need a reminding, from someone else is easier then yourself!

Heal fast fast Brad!
M+T

In case some of you missed it, I did have a CAT scan done of my entire head. I was hit in multiple places and also had a sore jaw. I have no idea how that happened, as there's no visible reason for it.

Clench reflex, plus if you hit a fellow hard enough in the back of the head or the top(crown) he will feel it in his jaw for a couple of days. Does not take much non typical movement in the jaw to make it sore.

Cat scans are good.

Saws, crunch away they will make more.

ill bet you that you could probably buy a new saw for what pain ,agrivation and doctor bills you will have. i have learned to let the saw go if it makes it good if it dont then dammit. guess ill get a new one.

Glad to hear you are ok! All the props in the world to you for posting this! May have been a wake up call for more than just you... I know it got my attention!

guys you may also want to remember that danger dont only come from above when logging. a spring pole that you never see will put your light out. the logger that i bought my tractor from had gotten his neck and back broken by a 2'' spring pole. i got 2 black eyes and a busted nose from a half inch spring pole just a couple of months ago. the danger is evrywhere when it comes to logging,tree cutting,trimming or about anything saw related.

First off, I'm glad you're OK, Brad.

I kind of learned that lesson back in 1981 when a similar limb, but much larger in diameter, broken off and hit my father on the top of the head. It bounced off the top/side of his helmet and came down on his collar bone. It crumpled him into the dirt. I was 15 years old. After seeing that, I made sure I always have my helmet on and look up to see what might be coming after me. I usually take a step or two rearward and prepare to run as well.

Brad, so glad you are OK. Thank you posting this, you can bet I'm watching it carefully and my son will also. You put this out there for us to learn, I plan on doing just that.

Glad you are ok, Brad.

Thanks for being man enough to post it - hindsight is always crystal clear, but I think we can all take away some good from this post!

Waylan

Glad to see you survived Brad. Looked like it could have been a whole lot worse than it turned out to be. Hope you heal up fast.

Thank you For Posting

Yes, Thank You for posting this.

I takes something like this to give us all a wake up call every now and then.

Just glad you will be OK.

A couple of points to consider:

If you were making a demonstration video, all PPE should be on as others are watching. Forget your personal bad habbits when working (we all have them) when showing others.

Why worry about the saw. I have seen plenty of Pro's that have had to leave their saw behind when things go not quite as plan. You first, everything else a distant 2nd.

Back