Halifax County Va. Antique Machinery and Heritage Festival 2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im like a little kid the week before christmas.....will bring my 480 along with the 041 bow saw. 480 needs some help

What's wrong with the 480? Maybe we can get it right sat. Between dean and I we'll have about every tool you need. Oh, does anyone have a tach they can bring?

What's wrong with the 480? Maybe we can get it right sat. Between dean and I we'll have about every tool you need. Oh, does anyone have a tach they can bring?

I've got onw. Bought the size of a deck of cards.....lol. Its was a hand-me-down from the Christmas thread.

Well dang Dean....anyone know if a 372 will oil a 32" enough? I've got one here and a loop of chain.....

Posting from my phone so please ignore grammar errors and typos.

Never mind the oil , at least you do not have to bend over to saw a stick of wood:hmm3grin2orange:

Hey Ric, If you ain't doing anything Sat. you make the ride on over............be mighty glad to have ya! ! !
Dean:cheers:

Thanks! I hope to be out of the hospital tomorrow. I have bowel obstructions. In other words, I'm full of sheet. If I'm not well, I should be able to communicate with Dave very well..Lol

I put what I hope are the finishing touches on the wood today, added more small wood. The organizers are requesting us to bring leaf rakes so as to rake the chips into one big pile so they would be easier to remove. They'll kill the grass otherwise. Festival starts at 1:00 tomorrow and I'm tired now! No rest for the weary. Maybe I just need a cold beer before going to bed................yeah, that's it.
Igpoe:cheers:

Dean when you say small wood are you talking small for your saws or some "limbing saw" small?

Dean when you say small wood are you talking small for your saws or some "limbing saw" small?

There is some 6"-8" stuff for bow saws and box store saws. Dean said he's gonna try to get some cut on the mill for us too.

Thanks! I hope to be out of the hospital tomorrow. I have bowel obstructions. In other words, I'm full of sheet. If I'm not well, I should be able to communicate with Dave very well..Lol

Yeh , they have a couple of sh&%$ers near the saw area , you should be ok just in case you let go of that blockage , remember to spray too!!!!

dave :msp_scared::msp_scared:

Last edited:

We've got "some" small wood but not much in the 5-8" range. We've got more that a 18-24" bar would be happy with. I did get a cant this pm.
This year our variety of homemade ice cream is: Vanilla, Strawberry, and Banana and NO Zachary, they won't mix it!

We've got "some" small wood but not much in the 5-8" range. We've got more that a 18-24" bar would be happy with. I did get a cant this pm.
This year our variety of homemade ice cream is: Vanilla, Strawberry, and Banana and NO Zachary, they won't mix it!

Homemade ice cream! Why didn't you say so!

Started the 480 tonight.....seemed to do fine. Will tune it in some wood tomorrow! Can't wait.

Pig pen, this is the rubber duck..
We got a little convoy. Well not really, but leavin out around 6.

10-4 good buddy. Yeah you better put that suicide jockey behind that load of logs. He's hauling dynamite and needs all of the help he can get!

Grabbing that CD right now!

Back