Hand filing - Matching Brand Files To Brand Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BUT, what if you took all your chain to a foundry, got them to melt it down and then pour it into your bucket- no air gap then!
That would give the total definitive answer of feet per bucket.
Well an old burn out like me can figure 'equal to' volume by way of water displacement and get the correct length

What file do I need to sharpen this one?

1330ffff75ae9019dc01d1c5855bc88b.jpg

I think somebody is pulling your leg, Kiwi?
My bad! Relax there,; 'not so fun Bobby'
I knew,, but I forgot.
I now live in the UK from where I was born after spending 46 yrs in Canada (2 of them in Alaska, US) and ofter get called American.
They always say "I'm sorry" I always say "please do not be..that's ok" I always have fond memories and very nice things to say about our US friends.
Check this out, more people guess me for Irish that North America and I'm from the BC, West Coast
"Lord tunder N Jesus 'byssss'
I'm not from the bay 'by' and I'm not from the norT EiDDer.

I find for best results matching file handles by brand to files along with chain and let's not forget bar oil never mix brands bad things can happen lol
And what about bars surely Stihl chain only works in stihl bars? I'd imagine same goes for Oregon ect...and rims? not even going there!
Food for thought I guess if nothing more lol

I think somebody is pulling your leg, Kiwi?
My bad! Relax there,; 'not so fun Bobby'
I knew,, but I forgot.
I now live in the UK from where I was born after spending 46 yrs in Canada (2 of them in Alaska, US) and ofter get called American.
They always say "I'm sorry" I always say "please do not be..that's ok" I always have fond memories and very nice things to say about our US friends.
Check this out, more people guess me for Irish that North America and I'm from the BC, West Coast
"Lord tunder N Jesus 'byssss'
I'm not from the bay 'by' and I'm not from the norT EiDDer.
Assie had me a bit worried- I thought you may have thought I was Canadian or something, or knew all the YMCA dance moves, or you had seen my twerking video on another website......

Could have been worse, you could have called me an Aussie, or a Pom........

So you live in the yUcK now, the only place any good over there now is the bit at the top of the Island to the West- least your accent would fit in there. :surprised3:
Sleep is optional over here- but you pretty much just reverse the AM & PM bit to get an idea of what time of the day it is here compared to there- only over here, we have sunlight, not just differing shades of grey and dreary skies.

Tom is getting ready to start posting pictures. You know, to increase the validity and worth of this long train of thought.

I hope it is a series of photographs of a Stihl chain loop coming out of a Stihl bucket, placed on a Stihl bar on a Stihl saw, to be filed by a Stihl file that in turn is supported by a Stihl file handle and he is wearing Stihl protective gloves- or I will be disappointed. :)

Tom is getting ready to start posting pictures. You know, to increase the validity and worth of this long train of thought.
I was thinking more in terms of a raffle or half raffle and a variance of...
2020 is the yr of the 5 gallon bucket. @edisto
Professor, we have a couple situations here that we could put up for a 'raffle' or of sort.
#1) how many ft of chain can fit into a 5 gallon bucket?
#2) how many ft of chain would fit in a 5 gallon bucket in liquid form?
I will put a ten'er on the first one.
I will triple down on stupid on the second.
Sure I can figure it out with just a 10 driver chunk.
How about a percentage overall for funniest 'scientist' on video, if one chooses to do so?

Respect,

the year of the bucket

Latest posts

Back