Happiness is...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me it is a project that comes out well.
At present, I'm off to the hydraulic shop. Only the second trip, and a bit over budget (like 2X). So far so good.
Trying to get ready for spring, which it feels like already. Everything is supper saturated. A little wind would help.

Happiness was going to the wood shed this morning. Loading up nice dry Oak and Elm, listening to the rain on the shed roof.

I too love the OWB so warm here the log I put in 3 days ago still there, have added some small junk but therm. hasn't changed a bit. Takes a little more wood but therm. doesn't change on 0* weather either, OWB best invention man ever created to heat with!!!!!

for me its leaving the house, or going to bed for the night, and knowing that the owb has everything under control. I don't have to worry whether the wood is seasoned enough or not. but most of all I don't have to worry about burning the house down!!!

Since being there in April, I find myself thinking about Mexico quite a bit now & again.

Sticking to the firewood thoughts - putting the last load on in the evening & knowing I'll have enough heat to stay warm for the next 20 hours or so.

ETA: And seeing 2 years of wood stacked in the yard...

I must have misunderstood the meaning of the title to this thread. I read it as just "Happiness is", not "happiness is something about firewood". I guess I've been outside too long in this dreary crap and I'm thinking about the beach!

I must have misunderstood the meaning of the title to this thread. I read it as just "Happiness is", not "happiness is something about firewood". I guess I've been outside too long in this dreary crap and I'm thinking about the beach!
Yeah, it just put a smile on my face burning down the perfect amount of wood for the day and then all you guys starting talking about having the right tools, a years worth of wood, women, and warm vacations! LOL

Latest posts

Back