"Happy Halloween"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Its that time of year here,.." Happy Halloween"

alaska%202010%20165.jpg

alaska%202010%20157.jpg

Happy Halloween to you too Jerry.

Getting the boys ready for trick or treat right now. We've got a vampire and a Lumberjack :clap:

Happy Halloween, had some pumpkins out by the gate and now they are gone:monkey: guess someone needed them, hope they like mold, we carved em a week ago!

Happy Halloween, had some pumpkins out by the gate and now they are gone:monkey: guess someone needed them, hope they like mold, we carved em a week ago!

Mine would have gone missing also if they were out even one night before, my daughter and I just carved these up not 30 mins ago, they would not last 5 mins outside, either stolen or smashed within minutes.

Pioneerguy600

What the heck is this world coming to when you cant even put your pumpkins out without them getting taken or smashed!!!:censored::censored::censored::censored:

Halloween sucks! I have to be on Hay watch all night. We had about 200 5x6 rolls burned about 6 years ago. I was watching then too but the guys hit a spot when I had went to check some others. I got them moved before they all went up. Lost about 60 rolls though. Pisses me off.

Other than that, I like halloween. :)

Nice carving Jerry. What saw did you use? :)

Have not got a chainsaw small enough yet to carve pumpkins, I like to use a knife we call a tomato knife, it has a 1/4 " wide blade that has serrations along both sides of the blade, blade is 4" long and has a slight curve on the end. I carve freehand just out of my head, just whatever comes to mind.

Pioneerguy600

Happy Halloween Jerry!!!

Good job carving...good fun with the kids. This is the first time in 16 yrs I didn't carve. My daughter is in Costa Rica till the middle of Jan. Talked with her today and apparently they do not observe Halloween down there...she went to the market to get a pumkin to carve for her host family but they were all gone....they eat 'em.... who'd a thunk it???? :cheers:

Have not got a chainsaw small enough yet to carve pumpkins, I like to use a knife we call a tomato knife, it has a 1/4 " wide blade that has serrations along both sides of the blade, blade is 4" long and has a slight curve on the end. I carve freehand just out of my head, just whatever comes to mind.

Pioneerguy600

I have to say, you're a punkin carvin fool! Those are very nice! I have to use the carving kits to make em that nice.:clap:

Happy Halloween Jerry!!!

Good job carving...good fun with the kids. This is the first time in 16 yrs I didn't carve. My daughter is in Costa Rica till the middle of Jan. Talked with her today and apparently they do not observe Halloween down there...she went to the market to get a pumkin to carve for her host family but they were all gone....they eat 'em.... who'd a thunk it???? :cheers:

Thanks Robin;..One of my daughters is in San Fran but the youngest is still home with us this year, she always finds time to be with us on the festive times.Costa Rica you say, that`s a long way from home, and they eat PUMKINS , what!!! LOL :cheers:

Pioneerguy600

Last edited:
Have not got a chainsaw small enough yet to carve pumpkins,

Pioneerguy600

why not get a pumpkin big enough instead. I forgot to get candy, but I'm pretty remote and not likely to get any ghouls or goblins tonight. Think I'll venture down and shut the gate all the same. that'll scare 'em

happy All Saints Eve.

why not get a pumpkin big enough instead. I forgot to get candy, but I'm pretty remote and not likely to get any ghouls or goblins tonight. Think I'll venture down and shut the gate all the same. that'll scare 'em

happy All Saints Eve.

Just down the road from me they grow them huge gourds, they hollow them out and paddle them across a lake, make a little annual race out of it. They could be carved with a chainsaw but what a mess to cleanup afterward, no thanks. LOL

Pioneerguy600

Thanks Robin;..One of my daughters if San Fran but the youngest is still home with us this year, she always finds time to be with us on the festive times.Costa Rica you say, that`s a long way from home, and they eat PUMKINS , what!!! LOL :cheers:

Pioneerguy600

LOL yeah I guess pumkins aren't just for carving LOL!!!

It IS a long way from home especially for a 16 yr old...but that's what she wanted to do and made it happen pretty much by herself....good for her to spread her wings but I'll admit a tad hard on dad!! She been at 4 degrees off the equator for six months and will be coming back the 15th of Jan!!! I'll bet I don't have to nag her to wear her coat and boots this winter LOLLOL!!!

Just down the road from me they grow them huge gourds, they hollow them out and paddle them across a lake, make a little annual race out of it. They could be carved with a chainsaw but what a mess to cleanup afterward, no thanks. LOL

Pioneerguy600

HaHaHa!! they do that here in Maine somewhere too, saw it on TV and once this guy had an outboard on one!!!! LOL went in circles great!!!

HaHaHa!! they do that here in Maine somewhere too, saw it on TV and once this guy had an outboard on one!!!! LOL went in circles great!!!

Yea they do the outboard thing here too, hilarious when they upset.
Well the big rush is over, only a few stragglers coming by now, pretty well over for this year, hope the damage was not too bad around this area. Seen plenty of police cars crusing around so maybe they will keep it quiet.

Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back