Have you ever stuck your tractor?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that there is some good old engineering there.

I stuck a '66 Olds on the old dirt road once, used the hubcap to keep the jack from sinking and put a couple logs in the ruts.

It slipped off a couple times, but i finally got out.

Them Russians?

I worked with a Russian Maintenance Tech years ago, he taught me a few neat tricks.

Too bad a piece of wood won't help with the one I stuck yesterday.

Was out blowing the driveway (.5 mile) and the carb was iced up on the old Honda ripoff. It was turning a good 5000rpm, but hey it sure was throwing that snow good.

I smell a hint of burnt oil, she started knocking, and lost power, I shut down right away, checked the oil (OK) tryed to pull it over, stuck!

Took the plug out, STUCK, put an 18" pipe wrench on the output,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,STUCK!

Better get my butt out there and tear it apart, we have more snow coming in a few days.

Got a D12 stuck once does that count, see if I can find the pics of it, and yes it was hell to get out.....:bang:

Roy

Was on a job a few years ago the dirt workers got a cat225 excavator stuck and left it for the morning. When I returned to finish the well I was drilling in the morning the only thing visible was 3' of the dipper stick. They used another 235 to dig around it (almost left that one to) and had a 100 ton crane left while everything within 4 miles was pushed in the hole. Took them over a week but they did prevail. I regret I did not take any photos, tempers were so short that any spectators were not welcome much less a camera

I've had many a tractor stuck bad enough you had to push yourself out with a loader.. them russians just weren't smart enough to have a bucket or forks :)

Cool video..That tractor is very similar to mine, 79 ford 4000 industrial 2wd...but i have a loader as as stated before would have tried it in reverse useing the loader and when that failed use the winch on the back in conjuction:msp_razz:..

I believe that tractor was a Fordson Major...maybe a Super Major. Had one of those for a while. Great machine except for the pneumatic governor. I've had my Massey Ferguson 135 stuck a few times and used a very similar method to get it out.

I believe that tractor was a Fordson Major...maybe a Super Major. Had one of those for a while. Great machine except for the pneumatic governor. I've had my Massey Ferguson 135 stuck a few times and used a very similar method to get it out.

I had a couple of Super Majors including one with a Ford 772 loader on it. Good tractors for what they were and the best I have ever owned on fuel. Weird drawbar though, and the wheel weights mounted on the inside of the rims.

I have been looking around for another one (like I need another tractor).

I buried my Massey 1105 once pulling a 12' bushhog though some low grounds, took a 4wd truck and 85 HP IH tractor to get it loose.

I've had many a tractor stuck bad enough you had to push yourself out with a loader.. them russians just weren't smart enough to have a bucket or forks :)
If you are really stuck the loader won't get you out all it will do is dig holes in front of you.
101_0371.jpg

Last edited:
Meh. that ain't near stuck. Just Onion skin tires on snotty ground.
This is stuck. Took an A frame lever and another tractor to break suction and get enough lift to clear the fronts. 85hp and front and rear diff locks don't help much in the soup.

attachment.php

The ruskie used a variation on a method we use around here.
Instead of using the outside of the wheel, we chain off in front of both rear wheels so the tractor goes over the log.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

The ruskie used a variation on a method we use around here.
Instead of using the outside of the wheel, we chain off in front of both rear wheels so the tractor goes over the log.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote
Yup and you only day dream once with that method cuz ya best be getting the clutch pushed when that muddy log socks ya in the back of the head.

Yup and you only day dream once with that method cuz ya best be getting the clutch pushed when that muddy log socks ya in the back of the head.

Yup!!! LOL!!! You been there eh?;)

Have used it a dozen times at least. Low gear, lowest range,idle, and feather touch on the clutch.

It helps having a partner with ya shoving a log under the tires as the tractor comes up, just in case you rock back, so ya don't have to stab at the brake and duck at the same time if ya slip. LOL!!

Got skirts on all the tractors now, so that old trick is out, and the cell phone to the cousin and one of his antique monsters is in.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Last edited:
Yup!!! LOL!!! You been there eh?;)

Have used it a dozen times at least. Low gear, lowest range,idle, and feather touch on the clutch.

It helps having a partner with ya shoving a log under the tires as the tractor comes up, just in case you rock back, so ya don't have to stab at the brake and duck at the same time if ya slip. LOL!!

Got skirts on all the tractors now

Stay safe!
Dingeryote
We normally reserve that stuff for those what in the world am I doing 200 yards out on a beaver pond in jan moments. It is normally the only way you can get them to climb back up on the ice. Most of the time we cut 2 pieces about 40" long and chain one to each tire, its a little safer.

I've hung everything from a Farmall Cub up to a 150 hp John Deere, it seems when you hang a four wheel drive it's usually twice the work to get it out.
In the service I've seen M-1 Tanks stuck, D-8 cats stuck , if it runs on the ground it can be stuck.

Back