Heli-coiled MS 460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had one Save A Thread (made by Helicoil, but it's a solid insert) come loose. That was the first one I installed. I restaked it with the supplied tool and have had zero issues after that. You have to hit them pretty hard to stake them right.

If you are going to have your dealer do it then just let him do it would be my best suggestion.
Well, he claims to be pretty good with those, so that's my plan. Only problem is that he fixes lawnmowers, too, and he may be so busy getting those ready that my saw will be put on a "back burner" for a while.

Well, he claims to be pretty good with those, so that's my plan. Only problem is that he fixes lawnmowers, too, and he may be so busy getting those ready that my saw will be put on a "back burner" for a while.
Where are you located in Southside US, Virginia?

I got the old helicoil out, and it looks like the cylinder was not threaded worth a crap, and the insert was way too short, about like a wedding band. My Stihl guy has it, and currently has time to fix it right. Hopefully, I'll be using it by the weekend. :)

Back