Hello from Western New York

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duane4238

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Thanks to all for allowing me to join the forum. I'm a young 71 year old retired school teacher who absolutely enjoys the outdoors after spending 35 years in a classroom. My chainsaw interest began years ago when I bought my hunting camp. I have 50 acres in Wyoming County in N.Y.S. I'm always cutting up fallen trees for the firewood, or to just get them off the trails. My saws are an ms192t, ms250, ms270, and the newest addition is an ms260. It has good compression, runs great, and best of all I got it for $100.

Thanks to all for allowing me to join the forum. I'm a young 71 year old retired school teacher who absolutely enjoys the outdoors after spending 35 years in a classroom.
Welcome from the land of a thousand welcomes.......................................a teacher you say...............................didn't teach english composition and punctuation did you.............................a few lessons might not go astray....................................................not for this lecturer at the moment.........................

A lot has melted but today they issued a blizzard warning for a 4 county area starting tomorrow morning. We'll be staying in for the next few days. They said there will be a driving ban in place so no sense in clearing the driveway if I can't go anywhere. Have to stay safe.
Welcome. You guys still got snow up to your eyeballs

Welcome from the land of a thousand welcomes.......................................a teacher you say...............................didn't teach english composition and punctuation did you.............................a few lessons might not go astray....................................................not for this lecturer at the moment.........................
Since retiring 16 years ago, I don't worry about grammar and punctuation, and I rarely correct anyone else, anymore. LOL

I had friends who lived on Jennings Rd near Yocum Rd. They had a big dairy farm. They picked up years ago and moved to Georgia and I lost touch with them. That's a beautiful area out there, too.
I know right where that is, lots of dairy farms still around but many disappearing. Lots of people moving South too, which I would have done if not for family.

A lot has melted but today they issued a blizzard warning for a 4 county area starting tomorrow morning. We'll be staying in for the next few days. They said there will be a driving ban in place so no sense in clearing the driveway if I can't go anywhere. Have to stay safe.
Stock up the cordwood food and beer. A few kerosene lamps too.

Got that and a good woman (one who don't drive you nuts) and you'll be fine.

1 hot vs crazy chart.png

Welcome from the southern tier. I'm based in the Bath area. It's been rain here since yesterday. Going to be a skating rink when it finally changes back to snow tonight.

It’s ugly here right now, about 2 miles from the stadium. Wind blowing and drifting the snow. I’ve heard 72mph wind. Hopefully my old silver maple makes it through, I rather like that one. Comfy in here though. About time to put away the coffee cup and bring out the rocks glass.

Here’s a neat pic of a tow truck, a disabled vehicle, a NYS Trooper in SUV, a Fire Chief in another SUV, a Fire and Rescue pumper truck, and a town snow plow truck. Visibility isn’t so great out there.
0FB61A12-7AC5-4EC4-90BF-573C9E53547E.jpeg

Latest posts

Back