Help. Got a Used Cat

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yes, a real cat. I got tired of mice in the shop. I need help with naming.
I was going to call him Jet so my two beasts would be Benny and the Jet. However, I just witnessed the first encounter of the Used Cat and the Used Dog. The Used Dog was going up for sniffing with tail wagging and me telling him not to chase. The Used Cat did not run, but met the nose with a growl, hiss and claw. He stood his ground and then WALKED away. Not a run but a swagger.

I asked the humane society for a cat with attitude and I got one. Now, I think I need a more macho name for him. Suggestions? I only ask that they be easy to yell, and also OK to yell when others are listening. He'll be a shop cat for a couple of weeks then I'll put a cat door in and he can venture outside. No Clints. I know two of those, both on the same crew. It can get confusing.

Here's the best picture. He won't pose. He's also claimed my smaller kayak for his bed.
attachment.php

the wife says call him monty, Cats like the --eeee-- sound at the end of a name and Monty because it is kindof buff and goes along with sleeping in a kayak

Awesome! He looks kinda like my cat Spook.

I'm pretty original with animal names. . . I had a dog named 'Dog' and a cat named Poop Face Kitty. Here's a short list of cat's I've had and named:

Bungee

Turdie

Gunther

Mamma Kitty

Poop Face

Baby Kitty (or Shmeg)

Spook (or Pooker)

I say you name him Kye (K-eye), short for Kayak. Or Kay Kitty, short for the same. :)

Awesome! He looks kinda like my cat Spook.

I'm pretty original with animal names. . .
Shmeg

Kind of like the word " Smeg " I think it mean's crap) from one of my favorite British SiFi's
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MkkL0PEPbJ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MkkL0PEPbJ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:cheers:

Last edited:
I really like jet, I think you hit the nail on that one!

That or Brown, I have been wanting to name a black cat Brown for a while for some reason...

Last edited by a moderator:
Knuckles, Vinny, Al, Bugsy, Heater, Roscoe,
all come to mind.

But there's always "DC". Damned Cat. Cuz that's what the used dog is gonna call him anyway.:D

Thanks for giving a good critter a good home!!:clap::clap::clap:

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

get him fixed so he don't spray. nothing worse than that smell.

I think Jet works fine.

He's fixed. They don't let them go out the way they come in. Keep the names coming. I'm kind of partial to Vinnie so far. Vinnie Goombino--from Car Talk?

If you name him Vinnie he'll expect pasta, peppers, garlic bread and wine for supper every night. He'll develop a bad attitude and sneer a lot. Probably start loaning money out to the other cats at exorbitant rates.

How 'bout calling him Hey You? He'll be content with rice noodles, small scraps of cheap meat, and tap water.

My wife brought a stray home from the Rez where she worked, said I could name it (trying to warm me up a bit) so I called it Critter, which morphed into Critter Cat and was then abbreviated to CC. Actually the dang thing ain't a bad cat if there is such a thing....:crazy1:

I had a cat with huge attitude. Someone dumped him in the yard and he showed up. He was a tabby with some orange tones so we named him OJ. Turned out the name was very fitting. He would take on any dog, even the foxes. And I have never seen a cat enjoy killin as much as he did. (Another good reason for the name OJ get it Simpson) I'd come out to the shed some mornings and he would have 10 + mice lined up by his food bowl with all the heads missing. He'd take on Jack Rabbits and nearly anything that moved. Unfortunately he didn't get along with the other cats and we had way to many injuries as he would take all them on as well. After the bills to the vet to stitch up the other cats got to high I found him a new home and he is still killin to this day.

So we are left with Dixie (the queen) Then Rudy, Diesel our newest edition found him at a excavation site, Chilli, Shaggi, and Button cause his face looks like a shirt button.

You mentioned a used cat so I had to check it out. Was wondering, winch or ripper? Then I saw your pic, and since he's a boy I think I'd call him Dozer, the used cat.

Just a suggestion.

Latest posts

Back