Help me decide over new 60 cc, husky or dolmar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Opened the saw, the piston was burned brown on the sides, up from where the transfer channels are, also some scoring mainly on the exhaust side. Could it be leaking chain oil to the chamber?

That is possible, if the case gasket is leaking, or the case bolts not tight. Such an issue may cause an air leak as well.

Or you are using a castor oil. It also is supposed to leave a brown residue.

There will always be people that have problems with any model - and it often is hard to determine how much operator (or dealer) error has to do with it.

Some times it likely feels easier to complain on a forum than to try to solve the issue yourself, specially if a similar issue has been reported before.
Yes but more Stihl 362's are sold then husqvarna 562xp and you don't see a new thread every week about stihl 362 problems. However you do see them about the 562. Blaming people who paid such a huge premium or dealers who reputation takes a hit because of continuing problems. There are dealers who go as far as to do modifications to the saws before it goes out the door to try and limit the problems.
Reality is there are problems still with the series. Obviously not everyone has these issues but for some who can't afford to take such a risk to encounter such issues and try to find resolve through people who adamantly swear theses problems can't exist is just not worth it anymore for many. People like yourself have been blaming the consumer for years.
I just feel bad for someone who shells out 30% more for a saw of lesser quality.

Dolmar person here - I have nothing but good to say about mine- My oldest 7900 had a hitch in it's get along a couple years back jug base gasket blew- No problems since. ( come find out later on that it was an issue for a short period of mfg but took 7 years of hard labor before it showed up) Had to replace oil pump assm. on a 64xx Dolita( who knows what abuse it had as it was a former HD rental unit) My 116SI is still running strong but the break band is gone and so is my 112 ( those go back quite a few years) My newer 79xx and 64xx are running well no issues those are around 4 years old now. I do not have the hd air assemblies nor any muff mods on the 2, 64xx and 79xx modelsI use regularly.

Yes but more Stihl 362's are sold then husqvarna 562xp and you don't see a new thread every week about stihl 362 problems. .... .

That depends on which forum(s) you are looking on regarding the 362 (and 261). The most often "reported" ones have to do with the clutch bearing, clutch and PTO side of the crank.

The dominating complaints about the 562 are related to warm starts, and a lot of them happens simply because the user isn't doing what the manual tells him to, and/or the use of low quality pump gas. When such mistakes are as common as they are, it is hard to see if there is a real issue present.

Opened the saw, the piston was burned brown on the sides, up from where the transfer channels are, also some scoring mainly on the exhaust side. Could it be leaking chain oil to the chamber?

Like this or worse?
023_pstn.jpg

RV

Yes but more Stihl 362's are sold then husqvarna 562xp and you don't see a new thread every week about stihl 362 problems. However you do see them about the 562. Blaming people who paid such a huge premium or dealers who reputation takes a hit because of continuing problems. There are dealers who go as far as to do modifications to the saws before it goes out the door to try and limit the problems.
Reality is there are problems still with the series. Obviously not everyone has these issues but for some who can't afford to take such a risk to encounter such issues and try to find resolve through people who adamantly swear theses problems can't exist is just not worth it anymore for many. People like yourself have been blaming the consumer for years.
I just feel bad for someone who shells out 30% more for a saw of lesser quality.

Maybe the people purchasing those saws arent online chainsawers , just because you dont hear of it on a forum doesnt really mean anything.

Does stihl really sell more 362s over husqvarnas 562 ?

Corey, you are starting to sound like EchoDude. HaHaHa :laugh:

The '562 issue' is blown way out of portion on this forum!!!

Dolmar makes fine saws and I wouldn't have a problem using one.

That said, 357xp is the One! :D

I think this stuff is hilarious lol.

I know 7 guys in the tree bidness "personally" that you couldnt give them an mtronic saw, none of which are on a chainsaw forum lol...my experience overall with electronic carbs has been pretty good.

Its beyond me that people think AS and other forums are the only place saw troubles are reported lol.

Keep it comin guys i need a good laugh today.

The saw has been "upgraded" along the way, meaning when something breaks, its fixed, not many parts are original. Repairs are done very well. Awesome service at my local husky dealer is one thing that makes this decision difficult.

Lähetetty minun HTC One laitteesta Tapatalkilla

I'm still thinking,

given the numerous problems that you have had and are still having,

that you got a 560 that was poorly built and the repairs made by your Husky dealer are less than "awesome."

BUT with that said I'm not the one using the 560 and dealing with your Husky dealer.

The 6100 is a nice easy starting good running saw but the whole time I was using it I felt like I was running my Husky 365 but with less power.
In the handling department my 2260 feels closer to my 2253 than my 365.

My vote is to buy one or two low hour Husqvarna saws of less complicated models.

You mentioned excellent service from your Husqvarna dealer, and no support for Dolmar/Makita, and you have truly utilized your dealer!

357xp or a 262xp in mint condition on here sell for $400-$500, I wonder what low hour saws sell for in Finland....

Auto tune saws from both Stihl and Husky tend to be more troublesome than saws with carbs

Latest posts

Back