Help me ID this Husqvarna fellas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbarrick82

Reaction score
I just bought a Husky from craigslist. The guy that I bought it from said that it was a 181. After looking at a few photos of 181's I am thinking that it may not be. Any help would be appreciated.

Not Sure But?

One way to tell is to pull muffler andtakt a piece of very thin wire or solder and measure bore size, easier to do with plug out also.
A 56mm would be an 1100 which top cover and muffler seem to indicate. I have never seen one with the decomp valve though?
It may also be part of 280,380,480 family as top covers are also about the same ,
I am sure some one here will set us both straight! Nice looking saw though!

Definitely not a 181. Looks just like my uncles 480 accept for the decompression valve, but there are others that also look the same or similar.

I'm thinkin' 480 is most likely. Yes, pop the muffler and use solder or a narrow popsicle stick to mark the bore and measure it.

I don't think that decomp is original, somebody added that.

Yeah, that decomp is definitely an afterthought -- the location is TERRIBLE.

I'm looking at the HUGE muffler and thinking 2100 or something thereabouts. The stacked gas/oil caps I don't remember being on 180/280/480 saws.

I'd say 480CD as well, with a compression release modification.....Cliff
179293d1302352337-husqvarna-480-002-jpg

I just bought a Husky from craigslist. The guy that I bought it from said that it was a 181. After looking at a few photos of 181's I am thinking that it may not be. Any help would be appreciated.

Looks very similar to my XP298 except that mine has a metal chainbrake handle and no decompression release (I wish it had). Mine also has the stacked gas and oil caps and the single large bumper spike on the left side of the bar. Muffler also looks the same.

Hmmm, that looks just like a saw listed on craigslist today. (The first pic was the one used for the craigslist ad.)

It was passed on to me that the fellow selling the saw said he purchased it at a farm auction a while ago and that it was too big for his use.

Something's not adding up here.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back