HELP - Trouble with 044 #2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to know. I'll keep my fingers crossed, and provide feedback. I don't know if they are really any different from any one else, or if they are all selling the same stuff, but I went with Huztl because the feedback from AS members seemed to be more favorable to their stuff. I was just so glad when it fired & kept running. Even today, the old coil fired, then died about 20 to 30 seconds later. Makes you want to scream!

I started to think it was ignition instead of fuel because every time I pulled the new plug, it was wet.

I got a imitation eleasto start recoil cord from a sponsor and it came apart in my hand in less than a month (on this saw). So now my one 044 has factory elasto start, and the other does not. The elasto is much more comfortable, the 044s don't have C/R.

I did not put it to wood, but started it several times (when tuning, etc), and it sounds good so far, and seems to have good response. I started with both Hi & Low out 1&1/16 to begin with. I left the Hi alone, but had to crank the low in a good amount to get it to idle.

It will be at Bob's GTG on Saturdy.

Bump for a long term report. :barbecue:

As I reported in Post 69, the coil was the culprit. Both the AM (Huztl) coil and carb (which was marked ZAMA) are doing fine. The saw made a trip to Randy's place to get a "new recipe" 044 port job, and it is VERY STRONG, you would swear it is a hybrid!

I was not planning on porting my 10 mm saws, as I did not think there was that much left under the hood, but the difference with Randy's new port job is impressive. I'm planning on putting a 28" light wt bar on this saw, to make a nice light wt felling saw, and I'm debating going full comp or semi skip RSL.

If there is a problem with the new carb it is getting the idle correct is a bit finicky, but she idles w/o stalling. I think the extensive muff modding made during the porting process contributes to a burbling idle.

I'm planning on attending Bob's GTG and the new CT GTG if anyone is interested in running it.

Back