Hi kids :-)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally have working rear brakes on my bike, so can start riding again. It is a 90 mile drive, no matter which way you go, to find a bike mechanic. I have a Bike Repair Book, but the pictures never seem to match the parts on my bike. Oh well, I needed apples so dropped it off at a Yakima shop, and they fixed it for $28. I got apples too.

I'll try it out today on the gated roads.

Schwalbe makes a nice ice tire for standard mountain rims, not sure if they make 'em for fatties.
x_d8e91297.jpg

Only in Warshington. Does it even snow there?;)

Funny you should ask. Most of the drivers here think we are in a perpetual ice storm. Just about every car has studded tires on and they are noisy on the seldom slick pavement. Some run them all year. I guess you never know when that ice storm will hit.

Ive still got the bike minus front brake rotor & assembly, bottom bracket & crank arms...

I've got all the goodies you need in my box of bike parts.
I remember those days of freeriding. I lived on the Island then, and my wife was from Nelson. I was riding the best BC had to offer. "Northshore" meant something different than a Hawaii surf mecca

I've still got an old Brodie Holeshot frame in the garage rafters I keep thinking I'll build back up... not gonna happen

Nice bike tramp.
A fat tire setup has had me thinking along the lines of hunting access for the past year or so. We've got so much being gates here... I think it would come in handy

Nice bike tramp.
A fat tire setup has had me thinking along the lines of hunting access for the past year or so. We've got so much being gates here... I think it would come in handy

Yes. If you don't have a dog running along with you, you can sneak up on the critters. The same is true for kayaks. We were paddling on a nearby reservoir and wondering if a deer was really a deer, or if it was fake--one of those lawn ornament or bow practice fakes put there for a joke, because the deer just stood still with no movement. Finally it moved a little, but not much.

Yesterday's ride behind the gate. I try to run the Slightly Used Dog (SUD) until her heart bursts. That hasn't happened but it does calm her down a lot.
DSCN1653.JPG

The area where I've been observing the failure and then bounce back of a Western Red Cedar plantation. It looked like it was a fail so the company replanted in between with Doug-fir. Now the cedar seems to be recovering from the deer damage and is catching up.
DSCN1656.JPG

Old Snuffy, my faithful bike.
DSCN1660.JPG

Back