hmm...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestryworks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
as if this doesn't raise a flag.

066 on fleabay

PLEASE PAY FOR THIS SAW BY JANUARY 8TH SINCE I AM LEAVING TOWN AND WILL NOT SHIP THIS SAW TILL I GET BACK WHICH IS A LONG, LONG TIME.

:laugh:

Last edited:
as if this doesn't raise a flag.

066 on fleabay

.......... PLEASE PAY FOR THIS SAW BY JANUARY 8TH SINCE I AM LEAVING TOWN AND WILL NOT SHIP THIS SAW TILL I GET BACK WHICH IS A LONG, LONG TIME.

:laugh:

LOL! Sounds like a visit to the Crow Bar Hotel.:jawdrop:

Last edited:
Well I agree with the fact that it sucks that ebay requires paypal payments. Now of course the sellers statement of "a long long long time" is quite scarey

Bill

i was laughing at the part where he said he wouldn't get back for a long, long time

Sounds to me that he wants payment
by the 8th so he can ship before he
leaves for a long long time.

Always communicate with the seller
prior to bidding.

Lee

If it was new in 2005 it would be an MS660, not an 066? Maybe top cover been replaced, who knows. Looks like its in good shape, but his responses to questions are sort of evasive, IMO.

sound's kinda sketchy to me, i got burned on flea bat ounce and will never deal there again. bought alot before but it only takes the one time to turn you off.

Although Ebay now requires you to have paypal as a payment method it does not mean that you have to accept paypal only, you can still accept cheque, postal order, cash on collection its up to you.
Most just say cheque or cash preferred this is OK with ebay.

I've dealt with that guy before and he's ok. He does hype his stuff up a little bit but he is honest and ships quickly. I haven't had a problem with anything I've bought from him.

I emailed him and asked him when it would ship out because I didn't want to wait a long, long time.....waiting for a reply.:popcorn:

I emailed him and asked him when it would ship out because I didn't want to wait a long, long time.....waiting for a reply.:popcorn:

I imagine it is easier for him to reply in the listing.

He's likely losing of the shipping. $12.50 to my door.:greenchainsaw:
On my watch list only. :dizzy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Jan-02-09 at 08:51:12 PST, seller added the following information:
THIS SAW WILL BE SHIPPED ON JAN. 9TH IF PAID BY THE 8TH. IF YOU PAY EARLIER, IT WILL BE SHIPPED WITHIN 1 TO 2 BUSINESS DAYS. YOU ARE FORCED TO USE PAY PAL SO DO NO (I REPEAT DO NOT) USE "E-CHECKS" THRU PAYPAL. THEY TAKE UP TO TEN DAYS TO CLEAR. I WILL NOT SHIP THE SAW UNTIL PAYMENT CLEARS. USE YOUR CREDIT CARD OR PAYPAL BALANCE ONLY. I WILL NOT TELL ANYONE HOW LONG I WILL BE OUT OF TOWN AS OF JAN 11TH SO DO NOT ASK PLEASE.

On edit: Did recieve an answer thru the e-bay system from the seller.
"see item description."

Last edited:
I've dealt with that guy before and he's ok. He does hype his stuff up a little bit but he is honest and ships quickly. I haven't had a problem with anything I've bought from him.

I was just cracking on his wording. I didn't mean to infer anything was awry.

Although Ebay now requires you to have paypal as a payment method it does not mean that you have to accept paypal only, you can still accept cheque, postal order, cash on collection its up to you.
Most just say cheque or cash preferred this is OK with ebay.
maybe not where you are but here are the new rules checks and money orders are only accepted for certain items, this doesn't mean you can't get away with it but don't get caught.

But this guy is implying that paypal is the only form of payment,which isnt strictly true as you can still accept cheque and money orders (postal orders)
and if collecting items they cant actually stop cash transactions they just advise against it.
Just another case of big brother turning the screws:censored:
I still see a lot of adds over here and over there still writing paypal accepted but would prefer other methods of payment, the new rules just mean that you HAVE to offer Paypal to the buyer as a way to pay which a lot of people dont like!:popcorn:

I just sold two saws and when you get the the payment types in the listing paypal is the only option other than some other online stuff, no option for money orders or checks anymore, they have removed those options but like I said, that doesn't mean you can't get away with it but if they see someone with these options listed in the description they will pull the listing as they did with mine.

I stand corrected then as I thought that chainsaws came under a listing that still allowed you to chose other payment types,probably just a matter of time before they enforce it over here as well:(

Latest posts

Back