Homelite 450 Price

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digiacomor

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I am looking at a homelite 450 that has all the parts no cracks or anything and runs perfectly. The saw has been used hard and shows signs of wear on the paint such as chips and paint just worn off.

I am a tinkerer and just am looking for a project to keep me busy. I am not planning on using the saw, except for fun and showing off a little.

So what should I offer to pay for the saw?

Thanks DiGi

Good reference for what people are willing to pay are completed ebay auctions. Thing though is that ebay prices can get a bit crazy in comparison to dealing one-on-one. It always boils down to how bad you want it and how willing the seller is to let it go. If its really good internally and looks pretty decent, I'd say $100-$150 is a fair price. If you get it for $50, you got a good deal. If he wants $200, he wants too much. That's a ball park idea, and my opinion only. Others are obviously free to disagree.

Dan

Buy the 450

I have 2 Homelite 450's and really like them. Lesrub is right that the price is up in the air these days. If the saw is tough to pull over, its probably got good compression and will serve you well down the road. If you buy it use good synthetic oil like Amsoil Sabre. I run this Amsoil in all my saws at a 40:1 ratio. If you use that oil and that ratio I doubt you will have a failure of any saw due to not enough lubrication.

I can provide more info about that saw if you are interested. Send me a PM if you want to know more. John

Latest posts

Back