Homelite 750 score,but no spark :(

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, A quick test on the ignition: Get a small Neon bulb and tape it to the transformer over where the spark plug is. The bulb will pulse every time voltage travels to the plug.

It was the module !! :clap:
took the one out of my 360 and fired on second pull !! :)
anybody have a module i can put in the 360 to get that back together ??
thank you very much all of you for the help !!
finish it up later today and make a video :)

Glad to hear you figured it out!

I've been working on a 750 for the last few weeks... it's running me ragged, although it's a solid design, it's frustrating to work on. I've solved most everything. Right now I'm trying to seal the gas tank. Gas was mixing with the bar oil...What a smokey mess!

There was some loose metal baffles in the tank and mysterious thick chunks of rubber keep appearing... I'd split the tanks, but the screws are impossibly tight.

The new coating I bought seems to be loosening the stock coating, not really ideal... Back to the drawing board I guess...:cry:

Glad to hear you figured it out!

I've been working on a 750 for the last few weeks... it's running me ragged, although it's a solid design, it's frustrating to work on. I've solved most everything. Right now I'm trying to seal the gas tank. Gas was mixing with the bar oil...What a smokey mess!

There was some loose metal baffles in the tank and mysterious thick chunks of rubber keep appearing... I'd split the tanks, but the screws are impossibly tight.

The new coating I bought seems to be loosening the stock coating, not really ideal... Back to the drawing board I guess...:cry:

I know what you mean. That stuff they used to coat the tanks is a pain. I haven't had the chance to check out the loose tank I have yet.

I know what you mean. That stuff they used to coat the tanks is a pain. I haven't had the chance to check out the loose tank I have yet.

Hi Hoss!

I think that thing inside the tank that I described in a PM to you is just a broken rivet that was holding the (now loose) metal baffle in place.

I'm at a loss as to why the tank has so much baffling.???:dizzy:

No Joy .. :(

Still fires,,i never DID say anything about RUNNING !! :cry:
Most i can get out of it is to run off the gas from chokeing it then dies or run with choke full on and that dont last but a few seconds..

Now just read the above posts about tank gunk and such and the PO told me he had fuel line replaced and was goobers in the tank..
he ALSO told me it was running fine when it quit on him.....
So i'm thinking he didnt have it very long and there is a fuel delivery problem..
thinking i will blow back thru fuel line to check for obstructions..
plug one end and check for leaks in new line..
check the metering diaphram and fuel pump on the carb..
Then check out the carb boot.. :(
Tnx..

Well aside from the impulse line the main fuel line is not too bad to replace. If you end up needing to rebuild the carb the kit you'll need is a walbro K10-WB. Keep workin it. It's worth it.

Happen to remember i had a DM50 cutoof saw in a box..
module looks the same but is GREY colored ??
only numbers on it are 10235 B
anybody know if it work ? rev limited ??
worth a try i guess.
tnx.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Still fires,,i never DID say anything about RUNNING !! :cry:
Most i can get out of it is to run off the gas from chokeing it then dies or run with choke full on and that dont last but a few seconds..
Now just read the above posts about tank gunk and such and the PO told me he had fuel line replaced and was goobers in the tank..
he ALSO told me it was running fine when it quit on him.....
So i'm thinking he didnt have it very long and there is a fuel delivery problem..
thinking i will blow back thru fuel line to check for obstructions..
plug one end and check for leaks in new line..
check the metering diaphram and fuel pump on the carb..
Then check out the carb boot.. :(
Tnx..

Have you done a vacuum/pressure test on it yet? The seals were shot in the last saw I had that ran like that.

Have you done a vacuum/pressure test on it yet? The seals were shot in the last saw I had that ran like that.

I just tore down that DM50 to check it out,if it is the seals it will probly STAY that way as i didnt see any easy way to replace them !!

Hoss ? Lee ? easy way ??

tnx all.

I have been following along on this thread...it's just a matter of time before I end up with one of these animals on the bench...a ton of good information has been shared here...thanks guys

I thought I was all suave when I replaced my fuel line the first time. But when I went back in for a carb rebuild, I had formed a kink in the line as it enters the carb chamber...

One of the reasons I say this is an awkward saw to work on... Seems like every time I work on one thing, something else gets disturbed, and it's not all that easy to see...:givebeer:

Well, my homelite 750 gas tank sealer finally set up. Seems to be keeping the gas and bar oil from mixing so far. I hope it stays that way:mad:

Now, my next mission is to make some dawgs for it. Does anyone have a pattern for them? Maybe a scanned picture that's actual size?

I'll try to get a scan in a little while. Have some pics, but they're not sized properly.

Dan

OK, here ya go. They're straight off the scanner, so hopefully the size will be retained properly if they're just printed. First it the usual spike.

attachment.php

And here's the second spike pattern I have on a couple.

attachment.php

Hope this'll work.

Dan

Back