Homelite 750 score,but no spark :(

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The second ones are some nasty lookin dawgs.

Here’s Chainsawwhisperer and his 750 with the nasty dawgs.
attachment.php

cool, got it to print out dark enough after a little photoshop... looks like the size is correct.

I'll have to find some metal and cut some out... I think I'll make a pair of both.

Thanks again!:cheers:

Well, my homelite 750 gas tank sealer finally set up. Seems to be keeping the gas and bar oil from mixing so far. I hope it stays that way:mad:

Now, my next mission is to make some dawgs for it. Does anyone have a pattern for them? Maybe a scanned picture that's actual size?

There some 650 750 dawgs on ebay that seem reasonable.

Lee

Well this morning I made one dawg... used some stainless steel. I guess it's been a while since I've worked any stainless... harder than I thought.

It'll do just fine:

attachment.php

That looks great! Don't think I'd try stainless. Still remember how fun it was trying to make a shim outa stainless for the Northern grinder. You did a nice job on that spike though.

Dan

That looks great! Don't think I'd try stainless. Still remember how fun it was trying to make a shim outa stainless for the Northern grinder. You did a nice job on that spike though.

Dan

Thanks!

I didn't get the valleys as deep as the scan... wish I had access to a plasma cutter for this project.

Still fires,,i never DID say anything about RUNNING !! :cry:
Most i can get out of it is to run off the gas from chokeing it then dies or run with choke full on and that dont last but a few seconds..

Now just read the above posts about tank gunk and such and the PO told me he had fuel line replaced and was goobers in the tank..
he ALSO told me it was running fine when it quit on him.....
So i'm thinking he didnt have it very long and there is a fuel delivery problem..
thinking i will blow back thru fuel line to check for obstructions..
plug one end and check for leaks in new line..
check the metering diaphram and fuel pump on the carb..
Then check out the carb boot.. :(
Tnx..

Well, Did you ever get that 750 running???

Back