Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
homelite question

hello my buddy has a brown homelite zip looking saw , I don t think ive ever seen a brown one,and it is made in canada not NY . Any body know anything about brown homelites? thanx

hello my buddy has a brown homelite zip looking saw , I don t think ive ever seen a brown one,and it is made in canada not NY . Any body know anything about brown homelites? thanx

Does it actually say "Homelite" on it? There were several other chainsaws made during that time period that look somewhat similar to a Homelite Zip/Buz/500. My Mono/Wards WD60 looks somewhat similar to a Homelite 500 or Buz. Also, Homelite made saws for a few hardware store chains around that time. I've seen a yellow private label rebadged Homelite Zip.

Does it actually say "Homelite" on it? There were several other chainsaws made during that time period that look somewhat similar to a Homelite Zip/Buz/500. My Mono/Wards WD60 looks somewhat similar to a Homelite 500 or Buz. Also, Homelite made saws for a few hardware store chains around that time. I've seen a yellow private label rebadged Homelite Zip.
he is suppose to bring it over, if he does ill post it up here

Does any have the service manual and the repair manual handy for Super WIZ 55 (Homelite)? It seems like Homelite chain saw are falling behind and the old saws are disappearing as the new saws on the market take over.

anyone? I like to keep this one going as it is a bear! And good looking.

Homelite 300

OK Guys,
These two Homies (classic 300 and SLXO auto) are driving me nuts! Is it possible/likely that the check valves on both carbs are blocked? Both units will fire with fuel in the spark plug hole and in the carb. Both are getting fuel to the carb, both pump side and metering side but not getting through to the cylinder. The 300 is giving about 140 psi comp and the slxoa can't get my tester to seal. But the slx has run and run strongly. The 300 has not yet done more than fire a few cycles

I'm sure the carbs are clean and have new diaphragms, needle valves and gaskets. So still need help. My old Pioneers are running brilliantly.

All help welcome.

Lee:msp_confused:

Read more: -- HOUSE OF -- HOMELITE - homelite 300

OK Guys,
These two Homies (classic 300 and SLXO auto) are driving me nuts! Is it possible/likely that the check valves on both carbs are blocked? Both units will fire with fuel in the spark plug hole and in the carb. Both are getting fuel to the carb, both pump side and metering side but not getting through to the cylinder. The 300 is giving about 140 psi comp and the slxoa can't get my tester to seal. But the slx has run and run strongly. The 300 has not yet done more than fire a few cycles

I'm sure the carbs are clean and have new diaphragms, needle valves and gaskets. So still need help. My old Pioneers are running brilliantly.

All help welcome.

Lee:msp_confused:

Read more: -- HOUSE OF -- HOMELITE - homelite 300

Make sure the impulse hole is clear. I assume reed valve is okay. Fuel lines and fuel filter can be checked, also.

Hey guys got my first Homelite this week. An SXL 922. Fired up great and I was stoked. Then went to mess with it today and carb box had a ton of gas in it and it was leaking outta the trigger assembly...sucks. So a carb kit is in my future. A 28" bar and chain is on the way! Im trying too pick up a few saws I think are cool.

homelite1.jpg

homelite2.jpg

homelite3.jpg

More than 24 hours? Come on gentlemen.....Six cubes to the rescue!

[video=youtube_share;NMSdzZzfVGY]http://youtu.be/NMSdzZzfVGY[/video]

Latest posts

Back