Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it needs a rev limiter, and a better clutch, I don't know what spring or springs are in this clutch but they are to tight. I am going tackle the clutch next. Have you had yours apart?
I think there two different types of clutches. Haven't taken time to see which mine is. You need to make some test cuts if you haven't already to see where you're at before you continue. You need to make sure that you've got torque to go along with the RPM.

Sent from my SM-N910V

I think there two different types of clutches. Haven't taken time to see which mine is. You need to make some test cuts if you haven't already to see where you're at before you continue. You need to make sure that you've got torque to go along with the RPM.

Sent from my SM-N910V
Great point Steve! I haven't cut with it yet. I also need to play with the fuel and carb settings aswell, all that went out the window.

I'm wonderin' what the limit is on that little crank. Hopefully it can handle the clutch upgrade.

Nice work on the pipe, by the way.

image.jpg So I have swapped the pipe and muffler back and forth, the pipe makes a lot more torque, more RPMs, and it has faster throttle response. I am hooking up the tach to see exactly how many Rs I am getting. And like Steve said this clutch is not up to a pipe.

I was just given a homie super 2 yesterday by a guy that I sold a ported saw to. He asked me if I could get it going. It had the crankcase and jug full of bar oil. Found out that some who changed the fuel and oil lines to tygon had thrown away the duckbill in the oil tank and extended the duckbill oil line (without a duckbill) all the way to the bottom of the bar oil tank. This made the line pump oil into the crankcase. I've got parts on the way.

I was just given a homie super 2 yesterday by a guy that I sold a ported saw to. He asked me if I could get it going. It had the crankcase and jug full of bar oil. Found out that some who changed the fuel and oil lines to tygon had thrown away the duckbill in the oil tank and extended the duckbill oil line (without a duckbill) all the way to the bottom of the bar oil tank. This made the line pump oil into the crankcase. I've got parts on the way.
The saw I just put the pipe on was like that when I got it. I assumed that some put bar oil in the gas tank aswell because the carb had oil in it too. But there was no duckbill on the oil pickup either. Plus side is it was well lubed :)!

It's funny how that people don't pay attention to what they are doing and why is that certain part is on the saw.
It can be good for us because we end up with saws for free or $3 at the scrap yard because of negligence . I watch a couple yards all of time for saws, they know to keep them aside. Even if it for parts 3 bucks is a deal!

Latest posts

Back